Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 4952
Position Title: Master Scheduler
Summary: Master Scheduler coordinates with internal stakeholders and senior clinic leadership to build and/or modify clinical/hospital study schedules for a 180-bed clinical research facility. This person should be a detail-oriented individual who will work with clinic directors on the clinic schedule to ensure efficient operations, as well as understand the nuances that drive a schedule within a clinical research environment. The Master Scheduler will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the accuracy of the Master Schedule, bumps, and cancellations
- Building, modifying or deleting study schedules
- Must be an expert MS Excel user (VLOOKUP, IF Statements, etc.)
- Integrate multiple studies into the master schedule by being able to effectively evaluate a study protocol to find the best placement within the schedule
- Provide timely schedule updates and communicate to the appropriate parties
- Attend and participate in study project meeting(s), as required, which may include monthly progress meetings, key project kick-off meetings, etc. as well as facilitate impromptu meetings to address scheduling issues and/or concerns
- Demonstrates high level of professionalism while juggling multiples demands or requests from departments
- Support development of master schedule templates for future use(s)
- Able to communicate effectively at every level of the Project Team and respond timely to answer queries from key study stakeholders
- Maintain progress tracking specific for projects assigned to support and prepare weekly and monthly reports on status and progress of scheduled studies
- Continuously review processes for operational improvement and efficiencies to ensure better lean processes.
- Maintains effectiveness of study flow daily.
- Support the development, update, and maintain WCT Study Scheduling Guidebook
- Preparation and archive of accurate historical data from completed projects
- May include supervisory responsibilities for employee scheduling team
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and listening skills
- Broad understanding of medical terminology
- Be willing to help in other areas of the business during slow times
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work independently
- Energetic, diligent, customer-oriented
- Must be able to multi-task
- High level of negotiation skills
- A four-year university degree is preferred, Associates degree required
- Lean Six Sigma skills desired
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in Project Scheduling or experience and knowledge of clinical trial business deliverables and processes or healthcare scheduling on a large scale
- Experience with major PPM solution(s), e.g., Clarity, Planview, Primavera, Microsoft Project, etc. desired
- Skill sets and proven performance equivalent to above
- Strong negotiation skills.
- English, written and spoken, advanced level
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Master Scheduler
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.