Project Manager/Senior Project Manager** - Remote (US or Canada)
Multiple Locations: North Carolina, United States • Boston, Massachusetts, United States • Washington, District of Columbia, United States • New York, New York, United States • Chicago, Illinois, United States • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Montana, United States • Wyoming, United States • New Jersey, United States • Illinois, United States • Colorado, United States • Ohio, United States • Arizona, United States • Georgia, United States • South Carolina, United States • Kansas, United States • Wisconsin, United States • Pennsylvania, United States • Ontario, Canada • Maryland, United States • Tennessee, United States • Texas, United States • California, United States • Minnesota, United States • Virginia, United States • Oregon, United States • Canada • United States
Requisition Number: 4931
Position Title: Senior Project Manager
Project Manager/Senior Project Manager (both levels available)
Remote Anywhere in the United States or Canada
SUMMARY: The Senior Project Manager (SPM) will manage one or more allocated Phase I through IV Clinical Trials that may be local, regional, or global in scope. Worldwide Clinical Trials Project Managers are 100% accountable for the success of their projects:
Successful candidates should have experience within one or more of the following therapeutic areas:
- Central Nervous System
- General Medicine
Experience managing full-service clinical trials as a project manager or senior project manager at a clinical research organization is required.
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates, and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
What project management does at Worldwide
Worldwide Clinical Trials Project management is the perfect blend of operational rigor and therapeutic expertise, with a client-focused approach. Our Global Project Leads (GPLs) and Clinical Project Managers (CPMs) expertly guide our project teams to deliver with high quality, focusing on “doing it right the first time”.
The Project Management team is engaged in all aspects of the trial collaborating with scientific and therapeutic leadership, coordinating across project teams, and providing flexible, innovative, and proactive solutions. At Worldwide, you will be dedicated to a specific therapeutic area which will not only give you an opportunity to develop in depth global operational expertise, but also benefit from exceptional scientific and medical background that our experts bring.
What you will do
- Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for the overall coordination and management of clinical trials from start-up through closeout activities.
- Directs the technical, financial, and operational aspects of the projects -- thus securing the successful completion of clinical trials.
- Works with major functional area leads to identify and evaluate fundamental issues on the project, interpret data on complex issues, make good business decisions and ensure solutions are implemented.
- Works to ensure that all project deliverables meet the customer’s time/quality/cost expectations.
- The SPM, with support from the Project Management Directors, working in collaboration with other functional area leads, is accountable for ensuring that all project deliverables meet the customer/contract expectations.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Lead core project team and facilitate their ability to lead extended/complete project team.
- Lead cross-unit coordination both internal and external, inclusive of sub-contractors.
- Define and manage project resource needs and establish contingency plans for key resources.
- Ensure successful design, implementation, tracking and revision of project plans for assigned projects.
- Promote effective teamwork among project team members Resolve conflicts as needed.
- Ensure appropriate communication on project-related matters with the PM Management.
- Meet financial performance targets for the assigned clinical projects.
- Ensure project deliverables are met according to both Worldwide and client expectations.
- Initiate improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed on assigned projects.
- Act as key client contact for assigned projects.
- Establish excellent working relationships with client project teams and vendors to ensure client satisfaction and operational excellence.
- Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned projects adheres to professional standards and SOPs established for clinical research.
- Manage all aspects of designated projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
What you will bring to the role
- Ability to manage projects in a multi-office environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills in English.
- Superior planning and organizational skills with attention to details.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, CTMS and EDC Systems.
- 4-7 + years' Clinical Project Management experience required within a CRO setting is preferred.
- University/College degree, within Life Science is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of project management processes with a solid understanding of how to craft and manage a project budget.
- Can demonstrate experience of successfully managing and/or leading multidisciplinary project teams.
- Ability to travel when needed.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
#LI-CS1 #LI-Remote #projectmanager #projectmanagement
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager/Senior Project Manager** - Remote (US or Canada)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Carolina, US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.