Principal Statistical Programmer (EMEA/Americas/Remote)
Multiple Locations: Nottingham, UK • Tbilisi, Georgia • Warsaw, Poland • Zagreb, Croatia • Lima, Peru • Madrid, Spain • Sofia, Bulgaria • Prague, Czechia • Bratislava, Slovakia • Bucharest, Romania • Barcelona, Spain • Utrecht, Netherlands • Budapest, Hungary • Belgrade, Serbia • Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy • Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy • Mexico City, Mexico • Georgia, USA • North Carolina, USA • Argentina • France • Belgium • Netherlands • Italy • Bulgaria • Czechia • Spain • United Kingdom • Canada • Serbia • Poland • Brazil • United States • Slovakia • Ireland • Colombia • Mexico • Croatia • Romania • Hungary • Chile • Lithuania
Requisition Number: 4821
Position Title: Statistical Programmer
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 3,000 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What Global Programming does at Worldwide
The Worldwide team is an experienced and diverse group of Programmers who collaborate together as one, both via regularly scheduled group meetings to discuss issues, and impromptu one-on-one discussions between colleagues to discuss a particular topic.
As the Principal Statistical Programmer, you will lead and own continuous improvement in the programming function’s operating systems and provide both technical and project consultancy across the function on a project.
What you will do
- Serve as a programming project lead on multiple complex studies (e.g. adaptive design, integrated safety/efficacy study) to distribute and oversee tasks for the programming team, communicate with internal and external clients, plan and execute delivery, and manage resources, competing project priorities and client's expectations effectively. Ensure budget and scope of project work remain aligned.
- Apply advanced knowledge of CDISC standards and electronic data submission (SDTM annotated CRF, define.xml, Study/Analysis Data Reviewer's Guide, Analysis Results Metadata). Provide expertise and consultancy on FDA, PMDA and other regulatory agencies submission requirements.
- Take full ownership of department process improvement projects and initiatives including development of standard SAS Macros, in-house programming standards
- Develop and provide Statistical Programmers, Biostatisticians and representatives of other departments and groups with training and coaching on the Biostatistical Operations department process, infrastructure and tools, collaboration with other internal and external parties and the role of the statistical programmer.
What you will bring to the role
- Must be computer literate and numerate with a willingness to adapt to various computer systems.
- Hands-on expert level project statistical programmer experienced in providing programming leadership to projects.
- Statistical programming skills and knowledge across a broad range of applications together with key competencies in customer focus, delivering on commitments, building strong relationships, communicating and influencing, and embracing innovation and change.
- The job holder must have a depth of expertise across all statistical programming skills and consistently display a positive attitude and considered as a global role model. It is essential that the job holder to possess strong analytical skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Expert in upstream (Data Management) and downstream (Medical Writing, regulatory submission) processes.
- To have the ability to train new staff and to monitor their performance.
- University Degree or equivalent (post-graduate degree is preferable, but not mandatory).
- Advanced SAS programming skills with expert knowledge in SAS/Macro, Proc Report and ODS. Good working knowledge in SAS/Graph, Proc SQL, SAS/STAT.
- Previous experience in process improvement, development and deployment of innovation.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Statistical Programmer (EMEA/Americas/Remote)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Nottingham, GB