Clinical Recruitment Specialist
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 4766
Position Title: Clinical Recruitment Specialist
SUMMARY: The Clinical Recruitment Specialist I, under the guidance of the Recruitment Manager is responsible for assuring that all phones are answered in a professional and timely manner. They will phone screen all potential subjects and will be knowledgeable about each study’s specific requirements. Responsibilities also include database entry, participant scheduling, and participant tracking.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Accomplishes all necessary and applicable Worldwide training, including Standard Operating Procedures, Corporate Handbook, and Recruitment Training Manual.
- Always represents Worldwide in a professional manner (verbal, written and in appearance) when interacting with sponsors, participants, outside vendors and fellow employees.
- Answers all incoming phone calls/providing accurate answers to their questions or concerns and return calls in a professional and timely manner.
- Performs outbound calling to potential participants for enrollment into ongoing studies.
- Utilizes the recruitment participant database for participant identification, recruitment and qualification.
- Telephone screens potential participants and schedules them for screening.
- Performs reminder calls and cancelation calls.
- Engaging in active listening with callers, confirming or clarifying information and diffusing angry customers as needed.
- Solicits feedback from customers to further improve the customer services by sending callers to the customer satisfaction survey after each call.
- Adhere to work schedule and punctuality requirements.
- React positively to an ongoing, changing environment.
- Maintain concentration and focus in order to meet performance and department goals.
- Becomes familiar with inclusion/exclusion criteria for each clinical study recruiting.
- Becomes familiar with job-specific information, including but not limited to medications (trade names, generic names, and categories), media sources, study procedures and protocol, industry vocabulary, etc.
- Becomes familiar with recruitment policies, including those on cancellations, no-shows, priority subjects, probation, and “No Contact” and is able to inform subjects of these policies.
- Responsible for requesting, scheduling, and attending any training required for this position.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Active listening skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Basic computer knowledge and applications required for database maintenance and other administrative duties.
- Must be able to work with constant interruptions.
- Experience in phone interviews and medical terminology to include medications.
Required: High school or GED diploma.
Preferred: At least 1 years of experience in the medical field with some knowledge in medical terminology or call center experience.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Clinical Recruitment Specialist
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.