Executive Director, Project Management (GenMed/Rare Disease) - Remote (Latam)
Multiple Locations: Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil • Chile • Brazil • Argentina • Mexico
Requisition Number: 4467
Position Title: Executive Director, Project Management
Executive Director, Project Management
Remote in Latin America
Therapeutic Area Experience Required:
General Medicine or Rare Disease
Therapeutic Area Experience Preferred:
General Medicine and Rare Disease
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates, and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
What Project Management does at Worldwide
Worldwide Clinical Trials Project management is the perfect blend of operational rigor and therapeutic expertise, with a client-focused approach. Our Global Project Leads (GPLs) and Clinical Project Managers (CPMs) expertly guide our project teams to deliver with high quality, focusing on “doing it right the first time”.
The Project Management team is engaged in all aspects of the trial collaborating with scientific and therapeutic leadership, coordinating across project teams, and providing flexible, innovative and proactive solutions. At Worldwide, you will be dedicated to a specific therapeutic area which will not only give you an opportunity to develop in depth global operational expertise, but also benefit from exceptional scientific and medical background that our experts bring.
What you will do
The Executive Director, Project Management (EDPM) is responsible for the overall management and direction of the Project Management team within a therapeutic group. This is a leadership role.
- EDPM is responsible for the successful conduct of assigned projects.
- Line management responsibility for the recruitment, training, development and performance review of personnel.
- In cooperation with business and senior management, responsible for the strategy and acquisition of new business.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining effective client relationships.
- Alliance Partnership responsibility.
- Sub-TA Head responsibility.
- VPPM deputy within therapeutic group.
What you will bring to the role
The EDPM possesses a high level of the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated excellent Leadership skills.
- Proven financial analytical skills.
- Sound planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills.
- Displays effective communication skills and can communicate in the English language (oral and written).
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of clinical research principles and process.
- Able to delegate effectively and prioritize own and workload of project team members.
- Cross cultural awareness and ability to adapt appropriately.
- Strong marketing and negotiation skills.
- Experienced in the creation and implementation of new processes.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- 12+ years' of global clinical pharmaceutical industry experience including 8 years demonstrated skills and competency in clinical project management tasks and management of staff.
- University/College degree, within Life Science is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and line manage staff in a global environment.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate personnel within a matrix system.
- Experience in managing global drug development programs.
- Proven ability to negotiate with clients in a professional manner.
- Available for domestic and international travel, including overnight stays.
- Valid Passport.
- Ability to drive and have a valid driver’s license.
- Fluent in local office language and in English, both written and verbal.
- Broad knowledge of drug development process and client needs.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Executive Director, Project Management (GenMed/Rare Disease) - Remote (Latam)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro BR