Senior Director of Business Development - China - Home-based
Multiple Locations: Beijing, China • China
Requisition Number: 4441
Position Title: Senior Director, Business Development
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 2,500 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit. [SH1]
What the Senior Director, Business Development does at Worldwide
The Senior Director of Business Development will have a proven track record in building productive client relationships in the clinical research or health sciences industries.
The post holder will be able to achieve and maintain effective client relationships. Must be able to design and deliver powerful solution-driven capabilities and proposal defense presentations in collaboration with highly skilled clinical and operation personnel; create business opportunities through client needs identification and relationship building; proactively work with customer and project teams to resolve client concerns by helping to creating specific action plans that support the customer and the project team.
Makes sales calls to prospective new clients to initiate new business relationships. Utilizes strategies and implements tactics to persuade prospective sponsors to contract with Worldwide Clinical Trials. Coordinates the efforts for response to Requests for Proposals/Information. Represents Worldwide at industry-related conferences and trade shows.
What you will do
- Achieve individual revenue and sales objectives through proactive communication and sales for the Worldwide Clinical Trials late phase services to assigned clients.
- Connect the Worldwide team to your establish network of biotechnology and pharmaceutical contacts.
- Identify new contact leads for potential Phase II-IV Worldwide business.
- Develop and implement individual, territory and key account strategies that are specifically geared to the growth and retention of the client base.
- Responsible for aiding the development of project proposals including but not limited to communicating with clients, internal Project Directors and Project Managers and providing text and supporting study budget reviews..
- Coordinates and attends trade shows including making exhibition arrangements, organizing meetings, and hospitality suite arrangements. Ensures that trade show activities run smoothly and are within budget.
What you will bring to the role
- Ability to work independently and under pressure without supervision
- Excellent communication skills with a high degree of professionalism
- Good organizational skills; ability to prioritize, delegate, and evaluate work.
- Strong, and effective presentation skills; ability to convincingly present features and benefits of service to clients
- Strong interpersonal skills creating and maintaining a positive dialogue with both clients and colleagues
- Excellent negotiating skills
- BA/BS in business or life sciences
- MS or MBA preferred
- Clinical Operations background preferred
- Extensive knowledge in sales methods and practices
- Knowledgeable in the drug development process preferably gained within a CRO
- Fluent in English language – written and oral
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director of Business Development - China - Home-based
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beijing, Beijing Shi CN