Associate Director, Strategic Finance
Multiple Locations: Nottingham, England, United Kingdom • United States
Requisition Number: 4434
Position Title: Associate Director, Strategic Finance
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 2,500 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What the Associate Director, Strategic Finance does at Worldwide
The Associate Director, Strategic Finance will support the development of global pricing and negotiation of contractual terms across multiple regions, therapeutic areas and sponsor types. They will also partner with Business Development, Proposals, Contracts and Global Clinical Development teams to provide sponsors with innovative and strategic commercial offerings.
What you will do
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Provide integrated strategic pricing support across business units in support of a diverse customer base ranging from small biotech to the top ten largest pharma companies in the world.
- Create & negotiate creative client-focused deal structures from point of sale through Master Service Agreement or in some cases to salvage an existing strategic partnership.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to advance Commercial Offerings from Proposal stage through Contract execution.
- Create, Manage and enforce preferred contractual terms at the project/portfolio/partnership level.
- Act as a conduit and extension for Finance to drive Change Order process to identify out of scope activities and increase recoverable revenue.
- Advise, consult and liaise with Finance on forecasting and recognition of actuals (Revenue & Cost) to provide project/portfolio level performance.
- Contribute to the development of Corporate Bill Rates.
- Create a closed loop system between Proposals, Change Orders and Finance so that actuals from project delivery inform bidding practices.
- Client facing negotiations with intermittent travel to Sponsor locations for bid defense meetings, governance meetings, and relationship building.
- Maximize marginal contribution and gross profit on each RFP/contract
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of our pricing systems and procedures
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
What you will bring to the role
- Deep knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical and CRO industry.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in evaluating business plans and commercial offerings
- Excellent attention to detail while maintaining a high level of strategic understanding
- Ability to manage trends in personal workload and work simultaneously on multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Proven experience and ability to coach and mentor staff and supported teams
- Ability to design and implement pricing, delivery and budgeting strategies to drive growth for a global organization
- Strong excel and financial analysis skills sufficient to support analysis and development of delivery strategies and budgets, pricing methodologies and systems
- Proven understanding of financial tools such as rate cards, cash flow, unit and milestone based payment schedules, inflation, foreign exchange fluctuation, fixed price contracts, functional outsourcing, and profit margins
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with high ranking clientele, executive leadership, peers, managers and coworkers
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills in stressful situations with both high profile client decision makers (CEO, CFO, COO, CMO) and executive level internal stakeholders.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a CRO, health care consultancy or Pharmaceutical/Biotech company.
- Minimum 1-2 years management experience preferred.
- Commercial experience, ideally in proposals, contracts, and finance.
- Demonstrated Experience across three key areas:
- Budget/Pricing Development
- Corporate Finance
- Contract Management/Negotiation
- Possess strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field
Promotion to the next level is not automatic based on years of experience. Personnel are evaluated on proven competency, level of responsibility, and ability to work independently.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, Strategic Finance
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.