IT Applications Engineer - Atlassian / Jira
Multiple Locations: Morrisville, North Carolina, United States • United States
Requisition Number: 4315
Position Title: IT Applications Engineer
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 2,500 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What the IT Applicants Engineer does at Worldwide
The IT Applications Engineer (Jira) oversees the configuration, administration, optimization, and maintenance of Worldwide systems, particularly the Atlassian/Jira platform. This person is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting various Jira projects. The IT Applications Engineer will ensure the effective usage of systems, collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, and implement appropriate solutions within Jira and related technologies to support the needs of the business.
What you will do
- Maintain and evolve existing Jira (Business, Software & Service Desk) projects, workflows, automations, permissions, notifications, dashboards, filters, reports, etc. as well as improve Jira security.
- Jira application and system administration tasks, including backup & restore, testing new software releases to assure application/plugin computability after upgrade, user management, etc.
- Work with subject-matter experts from different departments to understand their internal processes and translate them to Jira projects.
- Install, configure, and deploy plugins to extend JIRA capabilities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional IT colleagues to integrate Jira projects with different data sources and reporting tools/mechanisms, using different technologies.
- Continuously research and make use of Jira applications (add-ins/plug-ins), as well as other industry standard methods and technologies.
- Work closely with your technical and business colleagues, build trusting long-term partnerships, and ensure high-level of stakeholder satisfaction.
- Training and knowledge transfer to different business and technical stakeholders on different aspects of Jira projects and integrations.
- Define and execute SDLC tasks, where necessary, including documenting and maintaining adherence to the Worldwide SDLC process.
What you will bring to the role
- Minimum 3-year hands-on experience with creating and managing Jira projects.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- One or more Atlassian certifications is a plus
- Willingness to manage business-critical emergencies during non-business hours.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Experience with the Atlassian toolkit administration (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo, Etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365 including OneDrive, Planner, Power Platform (Apps, BI, Flow, Forms), SharePoint and Teams. Experience with Nintex and similar technologies a plus.
- Knowledge of PowerShell and APIs including .NET CSOM, Microsoft Graph, PnP and REST/OData.
- Task orientated, with a strong sense of ownership of incidents from the moment they are received until their resolution is completed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, deadline oriented, and changing environment.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to succeed and contribute within a team environment.
- Knowledge and awareness of data privacy and security, GxP, and federal regulations governing validated applications including, 21CFR Part 11 and ICH E6 R2.
- IT project & risk management skills.
- Ability to write and review SOPs, policies, configuration plans, technical diagrams and other documentation as required.
- Ability to comprehend technical instructions and documentation related to the use of systems at Worldwide.
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: IT Applications Engineer - Atlassian / Jira
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Research Triangle Park (RTP), North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.