Associate Director, Global FP&A
Location: United States
Requisition Number: 4257
Position Title: Associate Director, Global FP&A
The Associate Director, Global FP&A will support complex financial planning, reporting, and analysis activities. This position also develops and communicates financial insights, measures of success, and ensures data driven decision making. This includes responsibility for regular and ad hoc financial reporting and analysis, measurement scorecards, identifying and mitigating risks to achieve the organization's short and long-term financial goals and strategic priorities.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Finance leadership and the broader finance and accounting team to produce high quality, Monthly Board reports including the development of reporting processes.
- Responsible for forecasting, monitoring, reporting, and analysis of company financial results.
- Monthly review of financial statements to ensure accuracy and identify risks and opportunities in a timely manner
- Contribute to the development of monthly forecasts, annual budgets, and financial strategies that align with the organization's business objectives.
- Ensure consistency and application of budgeting and forecasting processes and policies across all functions.
- Partner with significant areas of the business, to enable delivery of financial targets through comprehensive financial analysis, trend identification and resource allocation.
- Consolidation of global financial results and forecasts including onward presentations to senior finance management
- Provide finance support to Corporate functions which may include: Business Development, People Strategy and Culture, Legal, Finance, IT, and QA.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent project leadership and consultancy skills in order to function as an effective and respected partner to internal partners at all levels of the organization
- In-depth knowledge of accounting/financial principles and best practices with sophisticated analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven leadership and business acumen with ability to understand complex organizational structures and environments
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Can identify and implement plans and activities to drive increased profitability
- Lead major FP&A projects and develop plans to deliver initiatives within the business
- Implement change initiatives impacting on finance and non-finance teams
- BA/BS degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of progressive accounting and Finance experience, preferably within a Pharmaceutical or CRO environment
- Strong financial modeling and valuation analysis abilities
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to identify areas of process improvement and implement solutions specifically driving efficiency gains within the business.
Promotion to the next level is not automatic based on years of experience. Personnel are evaluated on proven competency, level of responsibility, and ability to work independently.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, Global FP&A
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.