Biometrics Business Support Specialist
Location: St.-Petersburg, Russia
Requisition Number: 4098
Position Title: Biometrics Business Support Specialist
SUMMARY: The Biometrics Business Support Specialist will be responsible for the monitoring and co-ordination of Business Development activities delegated and overseen by the Biometrics Business Support Manager within the Data Management and Biostatistics departments, including but not limited to bids and proposals, response to RFI’s and monitoring and co-ordination of change orders.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Have oversight of and maintain and track active bids and proposals across the department.
- Have oversight of and co-ordinate, monitor and track change orders within the department.
- Triage proposals /budgets based on requirement for SME input. In first instance develop triage criteria with the SMEs.
- For proposal/budgets not requiring SME input develop budgets according to agreed standards and similarly develop proposal text based on standards.
- For proposals/budgets requiring SME input develop draft budgets and proposal text for review.
- Respond to RFPs and RFIs, develop bids and proposals, statements of work, presentations, and other materials that support the Biometrics input into Business Development activities.
- Work with Account Directors, operational teams, and 3rd party vendors to integrate solutions into complete proposals and statements of work.
- Assist the Biometrics Business Support Manager in identifying trends in proposals that may require a change in departmental strategy.
- Proofread, edit, rewrite, and revise documents to ensure readability and consistency of message and tone.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, reviews and approvals.
- Work with subject matter experts to gather information and customize content.
- Respond to routine and non-routine enquiries in a timely and professional manner. Obtain assistance to resolve complex enquiries, in order to discuss and learn.
- Provide budget tool and proposal training and mentoring for Biometrics colleagues as required.
- Maintain standard proposal and bid defense slides for Biometrics.
- Maintain departmental RFI Library.
- Other duties as requested or assigned by supervisor.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound understanding of Biometrics operations.
- Strong planning, managing, monitoring, scheduling, and critiquing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly and concisely present information.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work in a dynamic team with a variety of personnel in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent ability to handle multiple short-term assignments and project deliverables with strict deadlines in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
- Excellent self-motivation skills.
- Proficiency in all MS-Office applications including Microsoft Word and a high level of Excel.
- Ability to train other personnel.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in CRO environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- Ideally has experience with bids and proposals in a CRO environment, or in pharma/biotech outsourcing preferred.
- Knowledge of the CRO/Pharmaceutical industry, knowledge of sales support activities as well as a understanding of study design, project management, and operational requirements for successful study implementation.
- Ability to advise and interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Biometrics Business Support Specialist
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: St. Petersburg, RU