Associate Director, Site activation Portfolio Lead - Remote (Europe)
Multiple Locations: United Kingdom • Serbia • Poland • France • Italy • Bulgaria • Spain • Croatia • Romania • Ireland
Requisition Number: 4039
Position Title: Associate Director, Site Activation Portfolio Lead
Who we are
We’re a global, midsize CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents because the path to a cure for the world’s most persistent diseases is not paved by those who play it safe. It is built by those who take pioneering, creative approaches and implement them with quality and excellence.
We are Worldwide Clinical Trials, and we are a global team of almost 2,500 experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs – in the best possible way.
Our mission is to work with passion and purpose every day to improve lives and we are looking for others who value this same pursuit.
What you will do
- Provide strategic leadership, promote expected behaviors and establish a culture within assigned customer portfolio or other Therapeutic Area sub-division that is aligned with Worldwide values and objectives
- May be assigned to lead or review and approve strategy, content and costing of proposals in collaboration with Business Development, Project Management, Site Management and other functional areas; provide operational leadership to bid defense meetings and may attend bid presentations
- Manage and prevent internal and external site activation escalations within assigned customer portfolio; facilitate resolution of issues arising within the customer relationships;
- Responsible for management of site activation resources in customer portfolio in collaboration with the TL and Site Activation Global Performance Leads, HR and/or Finance
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure global staffing plans and forecasts are accurate, adequate and agreed by Worldwide functional groups and customers for their assigned portfolio
What you will bring to the role
- Expertise in strategically leading customer-focused multi-project/program teams resulting in positive customer relationships and repeat business
- Experience with effectively persuading internal and external customers and engaging in difficult conversations
- Ability to manage projects and people in ambiguous and time-sensitive situations, e.g., when desired non-critical information is not available before the decision is required
- Experience with requirements and expectations of at least one cross-functional department such as Regulatory compliance, Feasibility, Site Management, Project Management, or Patient Recruitment is preferred
- Interest and adaptability to drive innovative solutions for our customers such as with decentralized clinical trials, remote and local home healthcare models, and direct-to-patient technologies
- 8+ years of global clinical pharmaceutical industry experience including 3 years demonstrated skills and competency in management, including direct management of staff in a global environment
- University/college degree (life science preferred) or certification in a related allied health profession from an appropriately accredited institution (e.g., nursing certification, medical or laboratory or laboratory technology) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fluent in local office language and in English, both written and verbal
- Valid passport
At Worldwide, we balance fun with the serious business of changing lives. We have a values-driven culture that is built from the ground up. We empower our team members to treat every clinical trial like a patient’s life depends on it – because it does. Our leaders are in the trenches with you - committed to advancing science and moving mountains for our customers.
Interested in hearing more about Worldwide or our roles? Check out our careers page at www.worldwide.com/careers!
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, Site activation Portfolio Lead - Remote (Europe)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Nottingham, GB