Associate Director, Site Activation Operations Systems & Analytics
Location: Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 345
Position Title: Associate Director Site Activation Operations Systems & Informatics
Responsible for providing operational and financial delivery of end-to-end site activation including leading and/or supporting resource management, start-up systems, quality management, process improvement, business and operational metrics, regulatory intelligence and management of assigned team.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Plays a leadership role in the identification, development and adoption of best practices across the Site Activation team. Leading and/or supporting process improvement initiatives as the Site Activation business lead or representative.
- Identifies, develops, monitors departmental business and operational metrics including both key performance indicators and key quality indicators. Liaises with Site Activation business owners to develop relevant metric dashboards.
- Leading the identification, development, implementation, deployment and adoption of start-up systems. Serve as the business owner of key systems as requested.
- Owns the identification, collation and maintenance of Site intelligence and metrics including liaising with other departments to develop a robust investigator and site intelligence offering. Supports the development of target site lists for feasibility and site identification as appropriate.
- Leading the development of a Worldwide preferred site network aligned to key therapeutic priorities. Support the development of deeper site relationships by attending key conferences and networking with key investigators and sites.
- Establish relationships with key site networks and SMO partners to enhance Worldwide’s operational and geographic capabilities.
- Provides input to sales activities including development of proposal text, case studies, infographics, PowerPoint slides. Representing the Site Activation department during general capability and bid defense meetings as needed.
- Implement the short-term and long-term objectives, major plans and programs of the Site Activation division to ensure they align with and enhance the achievement of corporate strategy and objectives.
- Ensure that authorized plans and programs for the global Site Activation division are properly implemented and that Executive Leadership are informed of the overall trends and conditions of all-important activities that impact profitability, market position or stature in the industry.
- Foster close working relationships within the rest of the Site Activation divisions and other departments.
- Supervise the regional Site Activations Operations team
- Ensure appropriate time management and billing
- Ensure training and ongoing development
- Assist with performance, site and sponsor issues as needed
- Ensure work effectiveness, performance and attitude
- Write and conduct performance evaluations for direct reports
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent planning, strategizing, managing, monitoring, scheduling, and critiquing skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills to clearly and concisely present information
- Strong interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, deadline oriented, and changing environment
- Experienced problem solving/decision making skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Understanding of clinical research principles and process, data collection and editing skills.
- Strong knowledge of FDA regulations, ICH Guidelines
- Understanding of standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook; experience with goBalto is preferred
- Four-year college curriculum with a major concentration in biological, physical, health, pharmacy or other related science and six years clinical research experience as a clinical research associate or;
- Two-year college curriculum (unless nursing degree then see requirement above) or equivalent education/training and seven years clinical research experience as a clinical research associate or;
- Eight years of clinical research experience as a clinical research associate or other position directly related to clinical research with a CRO, pharmaceutical or biotechnology company
- Travel required
- Passport required
Promotion to the next level is not automatic based on years of experience. Personnel are evaluated on proven competency, level of responsibility, and ability to work independently.
The company reserves the right to amend this job description in consultation with the employee to reflect changes in its organisational structure or to the job itself in line with emerging business needs
- This position is based in Nottingham UK
- Compensation range for this position 55,000 - 87,000 GBP
- This position will be open until January 3, 2020
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, Site Activation Operations Systems & Analytics
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Nottingham, GB