Research Associate I
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 3377
Position Title: Research Associate 1
SUMMARY: The Research Associate 1, under the guidance of the Screening Manager is responsible for assuring that the integrity and quality of the clinical research trial is maintained and that the trial is conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practice guidelines. The Research Associate 1 works under the general supervision and guidance of the Screening Manager.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Always representing Worldwide Clinical Trials (WCT) in a professional manner (verbal, written, and in appearance) when interacting with sponsors, volunteers, outside vendors, and fellow employees.
- Conducts screening visits for the recruitment of a clinical trial under the supervision of the Screening Manager.
- Reviews study protocol and informed consent form for studies they will be assigned to.
- Attends in-house meetings and study initiation visits for their studies.
- Prepares study specific screening documents and study folders. During the screening phase, helps assure source documents for the trial are accurate and thorough, including maintenance of subject folders.
- Responsible for reviewing the informed consent form, medical history, inclusion/exclusion and other study documents as required with subjects in order to assess eligibility.
- Covers subject visits (i.e. outpatient visits, check-ins, and check-outs) as assigned.
- Prepares for study check-in by completing study specific documents, supplies, and services needed for successful running of the study.
- Meets with Recruitment Services Supervisor and/or Recruitment Specialists to instruct on protocol specific phone screening questionnaire and scheduling of potential volunteers. Responsible for reviewing subject screening forms prior to subject’s appointment to verify screening eligibility.
- Serves as a primary contact for subjects from screening through period 1 check-in for in-house studies, to handle subject eligibility, study specific questions, concerns or events.
- Contacts subjects prior to check-in to confirm subject’s ongoing participation.
- Responsible for paying back-ups and submitting required paperwork for subjects participating in in-house trials.
- Responsible for submitting Subject Reprimand Forms, as deemed necessary.
- Obtains and documents adverse event data on appropriate forms.
- Responsible for completing all necessary training for their position, including SOPs and DOPs.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Follows WCT’s safety guidelines.
- Identifies problems or potential problems and reports them to his/her Supervisor.
- Responsible for requesting, scheduling and attending any training required for this position.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Cont.):
- Ability to understand complex written and oral instructions. Basic computer knowledge and applications required for generation of business correspondence and preparation of regulatory and other study documents. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail. Exceptional organizational skills. Ability to set and meet deadlines with high quality work.
- Some knowledge of the clinical research process, including Good Clinical Practices.
- Possible equipment includes, but is not limited to: computers, rolling carts, fax machine, photocopier, telephone, lab apparatus, mop/broom, needles, spirometry equipment, centrifuges, freezers, allergy testing equipment, scales, calculators, vital signs equipment, ECG machines, dishwasher, microwave, etc.
- Possibly a microscope.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in the field of Life Sciences or Health).
Preferred: Experience or class work in the health field.
Other: There will be times when an adjustment in work hours to include weekends is necessary. They must work closely with the Coordinator to assure a study is conducted within GCP guidelines. Must be able to follow written and verbal communication. Must be punctual.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Research Associate I
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.