PRN Phlebotomy Technician 1
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 3323
Position Title: PRN Phlebotomy Technician 1
SUMMARY: A PRN Phlebotomy Technician 1, along with other technicians, performs the bulk of the study procedures. He/she performs technical, laboratory and administrative procedures following Worldwide Clinical Trials (WCT) procedures and study protocol requirements. The PRN Phlebotomy Technician 1 works under the direct supervision and guidance of the Supervisor, Medical Group and may be indirectly supervised by the Floor Monitor. He/she is not responsible for supervising other staff.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Always representing WCT in a professional manner (verbal, written, and in appearance) when interacting with sponsors, volunteers, outside vendors, and fellow employees.
- Performs phlebotomy on study participants at timed intervals, ensuring the comfort and safety of the subjects.
- Properly labels specimens and documents procedures as required.
- Once trained, performs the following procedures per WCT guidelines and study protocol requirements:
- Vital signs,
- Serves meals/snacks,
- Collects and processes lab samples (blood, urine, and other body fluids),
- Searches subjects and their belongings when entering and leaving the facility,
- Performs skin testing for allergens,
- Performs Breath Alcohol Concentration Test.
- Performs study specific procedures and duties per protocol requirements.
- Restocks supplies.
- Performs administrative work as needed (copying, filing, filling in CRFs, etc.).
- Ensures that procedures run smoothly and procedure areas are kept clean and uncluttered.
- Performs procedures and disposes of contaminated supplies according to OSHA requirements.
- Responsible for requesting, scheduling, and attending any training required for this position.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have good customer service skills and be able to perform duties at a fast pace without errors.
- Must be organized and have good attention to detail.
- Must be willing to perform repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to draw blood competently, as observed by the Sr. Manager Phlebotomy and Sample processing or Training Department staff.
- Some knowledge and skills in performing technical and laboratory procedures; experience performing vital signs, ECGs and laboratory procedures.
- Possible equipment use includes, but is not limited to: computers, rolling carts, fax machine, photocopier, telephone, lab apparatus, mop/broom, needles, spirometry equipment, centrifuges, scales, calculators, vital signs equipment, ECG machines, microscope, dishwasher, microwave, etc.
Required: Graduate from an accredited Phlebotomy or Medical Assistant program or experience in a phase I clinical environment.
Preferred: At least 6 months of phlebotomy experience. Phlebotomy certification, Medical Assistant certification, or experience as a lab technician.
Employment Type: PRN
Community / Marketing Title: PRN Phlebotomy Technician 1
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.