Medical Group Logistics Coordinator
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 3199
Position Title: Medical Group Logistics Coordinator
SUMMARY: The Medical Group Logistics Coordinator reviews logistical timelines and verifies source documents, performs study procedures and provides medical coverage as needed while subjects are in-house. He/she performs technical, laboratory and administrative tasks following Worldwide Clinical Trials (Worldwide) procedures and study protocol requirements. The Medical Group Logistics Coordinator works under the direct supervision and guidance of the Senior Manager, Medical Group.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Always represents Worldwide in a professional manner (verbal written and in appearance) when interacting with sponsors, subjects, outside vendors and fellow employees.
- Review all logistical timelines and revise as needed.
- Review and test source documents in their area of expertise.
- Conducts interviews under the direction of the Senior Manager, Medical Group and Medical Group Supervisor.
- Verify and sign FT and PRN staff timesheets.
- Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Medical Group and the Medical Director’s standing orders, functions as medical coverage as needed.
- Project medical staffing needs and create weekly schedules.in advance to assure adequate staffing for all studies.
- Acts as a backup for source development.
- Contacts the Medical Director, Coordinator, and/or Principal Investigator as needed.
- Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Medical Group, maintains and adjusts the paramedic work schedule according to workload and study needs. Assists the Senior Manager, Medical Group in preparing daily assignments for the medical group staff.
- Insertion of IV catheters
- Vein ratings
- Dispenses concomitant medications as needed and directed by the Principal Investigator
- Telemetry monitoring
- Assists the Senior Manager, Medical Group in completing performance appraisals for the Paramedic, Floor Monitor and Phlebotomy teams to evaluate individual performance, and assists with corrective action steps (such as documented coaching, counseling) as needed.
- Performs study specific procedures and duties per protocol requirements,
- Performs administrative tasks as needed
- Writes Medical Group Study Guides as directed by the Senior Manager. Medical Group.
- Responsible for requesting, scheduling, and attending any training required for this position.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Customer service skills and be able to perform duties at a fast pace without errors.
- Good documentation and organizational skills and good attention to detail.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks.
- Good medical judgment.
- Able to draw blood competently, observed by the Senior Manager, Medical Group or Training Department staff.
- Knowledge and skills in performing technical and laboratory procedures; experience performing phlebotomy, vital signs, ECGs, telemetry monitoring, holter monitoring, IVs, computer skills and laboratory procedures.
- Medical equipment as indicated by protocol or standing orders for the care of subjects and completion of study requirements. Office equipment used for communication and general office duties. Food preparation equipment for the use of reheating meals.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Science and one year of clinical Research experience.
In lieu of degree: 4-5 years’ experience clinical research experience with Texas Department of Health Paramedic certification, or a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), or an RN licensed by the Texas Board of Nursing, or CRC.
Other: The Supervisor, Medical Group will have a large amount of direct and unsupervised contact with study participants, in addition to the Paramedic and Phlebotomy teams and technical services staff. He/she will be responsible for communicating problems, questions and/or clarifications to his/her Supervisor.
Employment Type: PRN
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Group Logistics Coordinator
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.