Site Director, Phase I, San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 307
Position Title: Director, Clinical Operations Site Management (Regional Director)
SUMMARY: The Site Director is responsible for providing overall onsite leadership to the Early Phase Clinic, overseeing clinical operations and reporting into SVP, Clinical Operations Early Phase. The Site Director will be responsible for the management and execution of clinical research trials. Initiatives include mentoring staff, improving clinic performance, and ensuring client expectations are being met.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Support special project management and campaign execution for the assigned business unit(s).
- Oversee all aspects of clinical trial management for Worldwide Clinical Trials (Worldwide) Early Phase Unit.
- Ensures successful design, implementation, tracking and revision of project plans, source documents, and procedural timelines.
- Responsible for contingency planning and implementation of rescue strategy where needed and ensure solutions are implemented.
- Directs clinical staff to work together to plan, recruit and conduct clinical trials, meeting sponsor, Worldwide, and regulatory requirements.
- Project staffing needs in advance to ensure trained coverage for all studies.
- Meet with sponsors on a regular basis to both facilitate future work for Worldwide and to gauge staff performance.
- Ensure that all research activities comply with company policies and procedures, sponsor expectations and federal guidelines.
- Provide operational expertise, leadership and guidance to the management staff.
- Coach and develops direct reports.
- Work with management staff to review studies for feasibility and schedule workload for the clinic.
- Collaborate with the business development department to promote the capabilities and services of the Worldwide Early Phase Unit.
- Review quality reports on a monthly basis. Investigates any action items and ensures any corrective action, if needed, is implemented as soon as possible. Reports back to the QA department.
- Works closely with other internal departments to develop a good, working relationship to ensure successful projects.
- Contribute to the coordination and preparation of study initiation meetings, sponsor site visits, and audits.
- Continually works on improving processes and procedures to increase the quality of work and workflow efficiencies.
- Works with SVP and finance department to review monthly profit and loss.
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to project and coordinate clinic needs in advance
- Strong troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of leadership experience.
- 15 + clinical research experience, with at least 5 years in Early Phase.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Site Director, Phase I, San Antonio
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.