IT Applications Engineer (SharePoint)
Location: North Carolina, United States
Requisition Number: 3057
Position Title: IT Applications Engineer
The IT Applications Engineer oversees the configuration, administration, optimization, and maintenance of Worldwide systems, particularly the Microsoft 365 platform. This person is responsible for maintaining and configuring features in SharePoint Online as well as maintaining a legacy on-premise SharePoint environment. The IT Applications Engineer will ensure the effective usage of systems, collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, and implement software solutions within SharePoint and related technologies to support the needs of the business.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Implement and maintain SharePoint and related technologies, including installation, qualification, maintenance, integrations, and workflow from an engineering and a user-effectiveness standpoint.
- Function as a subject matter expert, demonstrating an understanding of technology as it pertains to SharePoint administration and maintenance, and be able to respond to questions, perform upgrades, and troubleshoot issues.
- Own escalated support tickets or requests; document and close tickets within SLA timeframes.
- Work in and integrate software solutions that allow for workflow management, automation, and/or orchestration. Develop plans to implement improvements using such toolsets.
- Monitor and maintain systems security and resources in coordination with Security and Infrastructure teams.
- Migrate legacy on-premise SharePoint sites to SharePoint Online in a structured a communicated fashion in line with best practices and internal change management procedures.
- Assist IT management to liaise with Worldwide business stakeholders on assigned projects.
- Stay up to date with Microsoft’s roadmap and align with Worldwide’s technical roadmap.
- Assist with the evaluation and installation of new software releases, patches, and system upgrades to resolve software related problems or introduce new features.
- Follow respective validation SOPs and use best practices in the industry such as GAMP5 for validated systems.
- Assist with backup/restore and Disaster Recovery testing procedures to ensure services and data are restored within defined SLA timeframes.
- Assist with producing and maintaining detailed system documentation and plans.
- Write, review, and update documents and guides for support personnel and end users.
- Assist in the training of Worldwide staff on the use of SharePoint and related technologies that drive their systems and processes.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365 including OneDrive, Planner, Power Platform (Apps, BI, Flow, Forms), SharePoint and Teams. Experience with Nintex and similar technologies a plus.
- Knowledge of PowerShell and APIs including .NET CSOM, Microsoft Graph, PnP and REST/OData.
- Task orientated, with a strong sense of ownership of incidents from the moment they are received until their resolution is completed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, deadline oriented, and changing environment.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to succeed and contribute within a team environment.
- Proficiency in all MS-Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft 365 and SharePoint.
- Knowledge and awareness of data privacy and security, GxP, and federal regulations governing validated applications including, 21CFR Part 11 and ICH E6 R2.
- IT project & risk management skills.
- Ability to write and review SOPs, policies, configuration plans, technical diagrams and other documentation as required.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to work under pressure while efficiently multitasking.
- Ability to comprehend technical instructions and documentation related to the use of systems at Worldwide.
- Degree in a computer-related field or comparable work experience
- 5+ years of experience managing systems including Microsoft 365, Windows Server, SharePoint, SQL
- Experience managing systems within a GxP or similar regulated industry a plus
- Experience in the pharma or CRO industry is a plus
- Experience migrating content into Microsoft 365, including the use of third-party tools such as Sharegate.
- Willingness to manage business-critical emergencies during non-business hours.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken.
State: North Carolina
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: IT Applications Engineer (SharePoint)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.