Director, Global Total Rewards (US)
Multiple Locations: United Kingdom • United States
Requisition Number: 3017
Position Title: Director, Global Total Rewards
As the Director, Global Total Rewards, you will serve as a thought leader and driver of Worldwide’s total rewards programs. As an integral part of the People Strategy and Culture team, you will grow, redesign, and manage compensation and benefits strategies and programs including compensation, health and welfare administration, retirement, and ancillary benefits. This position is responsible for leading and a Total Rewards team and overseeing total rewards operations, education and communication to employees across the globe.
The Director will employ innovative and creative approaches to plan and direct the development, implementation, and execution of total reward programs to attract, motivate, and retain global staff, aligned to organizational culture and local geographical needs. The Director will partner with global stakeholders to provide guidance on benefits issues, including market trends, competitive data, and applicable laws and regulations. The Director will ensure that Worldwide’s total rewards offerings are fair, equitable and competitive.
May include but are not limited to:
- Direct all Total Rewards programs and operations for Worldwide. Optimize and execute Total Rewards processes, including pay planning, incentive compensation, executive compensation, reward & recognition programs, benefits, and employee perquisites.
- Partner with PSC and business leaders to develop and execute total reward strategies in support of business needs. Keep abreast of Worldwide and business drivers, challenges and strategies.
- Lead compensation and benefits presentations with Senior Leaders, PSC and employees.
- Ensure aligned and internally and externally competitive rewards practices. Support the market rate determination process, advancement of job and rate structures, and ensure the company maintains a competitive posture in a challenging labor market. Advance innovation and best in class practices.
- Advise PSC and business leadership and provide thought leadership regarding Total Rewards matters.
- Act as an internal resource on marketplace trends, relevant laws and regulations and competitive programs.
- Lead benefits activities for Worldwide in partnership with selected vendors. Ensure effective leader and employee communications with regards to benefits, perquisites and other programs and ensure seamless implementation of annual benefit cycles. Partner with Total Rewards leadership in shaping benefits strategies and facilitate stakeholder input, understanding and costing regarding benefits changes.
- Advance Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging across Worldwide and within the Total Rewards team and its offerings.
- Manage executive movement and compensation recommendations.
- Ensure all policies and practices are consistent with the organization's business/people strategies and compliant with government regulations.
- Partner with PSC, finance and other organizations to ensure seamless integration and partnership in the areas of compensation and benefits budgeting, policies and impact on rates.
- Lead, develop, support and grow a high-performing team of total rewards professionals in an inclusive and highly engaging global environment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7+ years of experience in compensation, and benefits in a global setting
- 3+ years direct management experience
- 3+ years of executive compensation experience
- 2+ years of sales incentive plan experience
- Effective consultative skills and experience presenting to all levels of leadership
- Excellent analytical skills to effectively analyze data and build meaningful, understandable models, reports, and metrics
- Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated results in driving and managing projects to completion in accordance with agreed upon timelines
- Demonstrated track record of teamwork, collaboration, and successful leadership of large projects
- Demonstrated experience in project and process management, rollouts, stakeholder communications and the compensation cycle calendar
- Strong knowledge of plan design and administration practices
- Experience partnering across Centers of Excellence for integrated offerings to customers and the business
- Highly organized and self-directed, comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with changing priorities
- Ability to successfully navigate and leverage collaboration tools such as SharePoint and Microsoft Office Suite
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in CRO, Services, or Consulting industries
- Demonstrated consultative skills and experience influencing business decisions
- Results oriented with an execution mindset
- Excellent collaboration skills across cross-functional and external reporting relationships
- Experience leading virtual, multiple teams through complex change programs
- High degree of customer responsiveness and service orientation
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix global environment
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management, business, or a related field; or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree and/or CCP/CECP/GPHR certification preferred
The company reserves the right to amend this job description in consultation with the employee to reflect changes in its organizational structure or to the job itself in line with emerging business needs.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Global Total Rewards (US)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.