Director, Operations Finance (US/Remote)
Location: North Carolina, United States
Requisition Number: 3004
Position Title: Director, Operations Finance
The Director, Operations Finance is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of actual and forecast revenue within WW. They are also responsible for ensuring accurate and appropriate reporting of revenue across the business including at Departmental and Project level.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Directs the team’s activities including the review of all project budgets and financial issues
- Ensure contract deliverables and contract specific reporting is completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Oversees budgets that require senior attention in terms of exposure, risk, or client needs
- Develops initial study financial forecasts for both cash and revenue for Services. Pass Thrus and Grants
- Manages /Oversees client relationship for assigned accounts with responsibility for contract negotiation, issue resolution and delivery of reporting.
- Works closely with the senior leaders to develop initiatives to drive efficiencies and accelerate revenue recognition.
- Ensures compliance with AS606 accounting standards.
- Oversees final study reconciliations to ensure all revenue and cash is captured at study close.
- Ensures the resolution of client escalations and payment or discount negotiations with support from senior Finance leaders.
- Collaborate on new systems, processes and reporting to enhance the role of the team and their impact on the wider business creating an efficient and effective department which supports the company.
- Line management of the Ops Finance team
- Responsible for accurately reporting Worldwide revenue and project forecasts and for recording revenue impact of Out of Scope work and Change Orders by the agreed monthly timelines
- Responsible for developing and enhancing financial reporting at company level, Therapeutic Level, Department level and study level.
- Responsible for the forecasting and modelling of new awards and change orders at Services, Pass Through Costs and Grants level.
- Responsible for escalating and resolving any financial issues relating to projects to both the finance and project teams
- Responsible for assisting with the annual and interim audit cycles
- Working closely with BDO to develop pre-award project phasing leading to development of the most appropriate Payment Schedules with Clients
- Ensuring the proactive management of Cash including process reviews for cash collections, regular forecasting, liaison with clients specifically relating to any forecast cash shortfalls, with the aim of ensuring i) clear client understanding & ii) minimizing risk of any cash shortfalls for WW
- Oversight of the deferred revenue process ensuring accurate recording of any deferred or accrued revenue positions and alignment with the accounting teams.
- Responsible for standardization of processes and/or training across the Project Analysts teams and regions
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to function as an effective and respected partner to internal clients
- Confidence to handle sensitive information and make sound judgements
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks while still delivering high quality results
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and ability to handle data effectively
- Highly developed influencing skills in a global environment with the ability to work with people in diverse cultures and roles
- Strong organizational and project administration skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analysis and presentation of data
- Accuracy of working in highly numerate activities
- 12 - 15 Years’ work experience
- MBA, is desirable
- relevant Degree or equivalent work experience
- Including 5 years Leadership experience
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Operations Finance (US/Remote)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.