Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 2947
Position Title: PRN Medical Assistant
SUMMARY: A PRN Medical Assistant, along with other Assistants, performs the bulk of the study procedures. He/she performs technical procedures following Worldwide Clinical Trials (WCT) clinical work instructions and study protocol requirements. The PRN Medical Assistant works under the general supervision and guidance of the Screening Manager
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Always represents WCT in a professional manner “verbal, written and in appearance” when interacting with Sponsors, study participants, outside vendors and fellow employees.
- Covers study procedures or shifts as needed.
- Ensures floor equipment is calibrated and properly maintained prior to use.
- Acts as floor assistant to Medical Group Team Lead and Floor Monitor when assigned.
- Ensures the floor equipment is properly cleaned and disinfected.
- Assists with set up of procedure floor and moves equipment and furniture as needed, ensuring a safe environment for participants and floor staff.
- Performs procedures and document them with a high level of accuracy.
- Once trained, performs the following procedures following WCT procedures and study protocol requirements:
- Vital signs,
- Serves meals/snacks,
- Searches participants and their belonging when entering and leaving the Phase 1 Unit.
- Measuring/calculating and recording height/weight/BMI
- Performs other procedures/duties, as required by specific study protocols.
- Responsible for requesting, scheduling and attending any training required for this position.
- Responsible for attending monthly staff meetings.
- Complete all necessary training for their position, including SOPs, DOPs, and skill verification.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good customer service skills. Must be able to work effectively with co-workers in a team environment and individually unsupervised.
- Good documentation and organizational skills, with good attention to detail.
- Able to perform duties at a fast pace without errors.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Some knowledge and skills in performing technical procedures; experience performing vital signs, ECGs and other medical procedures.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES (cont.):
- Possible equipment includes, but is not limited to: computers, rolling carts, fax machine, photocopier, telephone, ECG machines, vital signs equipment, mop/broom, needles, spirometry equipment, allergy testing equipment, scales, calculators, dishwasher, microwave, etc.
Required: Medical Assistant certification from a Texas accredited school. Experience as medical assistant, in phlebotomy, or other medical background or course work.
Employment Type: PRN
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Assistant
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.