Associate, Proposal Specialist
Location: United States
Requisition Number: 2918
Position Title: Proposal Associate - Pricing
The Proposals and Client Services are well versed in the coordination, preparation, and management of all requested proposals, RFIs, and associated client service functions. This includes pricing and budget analysis, prioritization of client requests, and interactions with all levels of Worldwide personnel to ensure efficient and comprehensive proposal preparation. The Proposals and Client Services Specialist has an in-depth understanding of clinical trial and bioanalytical study specifics including scientific and medical terminology. In addition, this position mentors less experienced proposal associates.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned RFPs and RFIs. Manages the overall proposal process from receipt of RFP/RFI to final delivery.
- Work with Account Directors and Operational teams (i.e. clinical, bioanalytical, and support services) to refine proposal scope and integrate solutions into complete proposals.
- Prepare multiple, complex budget tools, and associated client grids.
- Following legal guidelines, complete work order contracts including Task Matrix, vendor information, and client-specific detail based on Master Services Agreement(s).
- Support Operations and Finance in the management and reconciliation of both Out of Scope and Final invoicing
- Review protocols and other scientific documents to apply appropriate study information to budget tools.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, reviews, and approvals.
- Act as a facilitator for the collection of information from various sources. Work with subject matter experts to gather information and customize content.
- Maintain and update CRM database and internal tracking programs.
- Select an appropriate pricing structure based on study type and individual client.
- Modify proposal text and assumptions from templates to customize each client opportunity; including revisions and change orders.
- Respond to routine and non-routine inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Full understanding of complex Early Phase study designs
- Evaluate protocols based on Therapeutic Area, indication, and study design to properly include clinical labs, procedures, equipment, and necessary vendor quotes
- Coach and mentor proposal associate(s) relative to function and duties
- Analyze and resolve issues independently or with little instruction
- Suggests creative solutions to facilitate new format and procedures for unique client pricing requests
- Presents pricing to senior management and communicates all pricing detail/background as requested to facilitate approved discounts, rebates, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of all core services to map granular detail from Worldwide pricing tools to client grids
- Use specialized knowledge of the tasks for all services to extrapolate changes to other services and adjust both proposal text and all pricing to accommodate
- Define costing to the client based on experience, review of account notes, and research
- Establish specifications for bidding purposes and review vendor budget submissions to ensure compliance and accuracy of vendor quotes; communicate with vendors as needed
- Attend and contribute to RFP and RFI feasibility assessments and strategy calls
- Identifies potential barriers or risks for proposal completion, and implements dynamic solutions and mitigation strategies
- Perform peer Quality Control (QC) according to departmental procedures and guidelines
- Other duties as requested or assigned by manager.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong planning, strategizing, managing, monitoring, scheduling, and critiquing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly and concisely present information
- Strong interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, and changing environment
- Excellent ability to handle multiple tasks and many details in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Excellent self-motivation skills
- Knowledge of the CRO/Pharmaceutical industry, knowledge of sales support activities as well as a strong understanding of study design, project management, and operational requirements for successful study implementation.
- Must be able to work under deadline pressure while maintaining accuracy, quality, and detail
- Superior analytical, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Fully qualified in development of Strategic, Full Service, and Preferred Provider RFPs
- High-level knowledge of Early Phase study designs including NHV and patient/multi-site studies
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organizational, analytical, and mathematical skills
- Skilled in creating customized budgets and ability to assemble multiple documents/responses
- Ability to advise and interact with all levels of management including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Advanced experience in all MS-Office applications including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Bachelor's Degree required (prefer a degree in Life Sciences or Business) and one to three years of experience preparing proposals and budgets for the clinical trial industry; preferably in a CRO environment.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Associate, Proposal Specialist
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.