Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 2846
Position Title: Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator
The Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator, under the general supervision and guidance of the Senior Manager, Study Conduct, is responsible for assuring that the integrity and quality of the clinical research trial is maintained and that the trial is conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practice guidelines.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
• Reviews study protocol for studies as assigned and attends study initiation visits for their studies; Attends logistics meetings to review study-related procedures, staffing, and visit flow for assigned studies.
• During involvement in trial, helps assure source documents for the trial are accurate and thorough; Helps the Coordinator prepare study documents for long-term storage and complies with in-house documentation requirements.
• Performs data transcription and maintenance of paper study and source documents and performs quality checks on source documents specific to the study
• Responsible for scheduling clinical lab repeat orders.
• Assists the Coordinator with the management of the trial from phone screening to end of study.
• Covers subject visits (i.e. outpatient visits, check-ins, check-outs, and dose qualifications) as assigned; Prepares for study check-in by reviewing study specific documents, preparing check-in supplies, and dorm rooms, serves as the back-up contact for subjects by answering questions or addressing concerns and contacts subjects for study changes as required.
• Obtains and documents adverse event data on appropriate source documents.
• Works with the Coordinator in submitting subject payment request.
• Assists with preparing rooms for Monitoring visits, assists with query resolution.
• Follows Worldwide Clinical Trials Drug Early Phase Services (WCTEPS) safety guidelines, responsible for tracking infractions to In-House Facility Rules, identifies study conduct risk and reports them to his/her Supervisor .
Other Skills And Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as an ability to understand written and oral instructions.
• Basic computer knowledge and applications required for generation of business correspondence and preparation of regulatory and other study documents.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines with high quality work.
• Knowledge of the clinical research process, including Good Clinical Practices.
• Possible equipment includes, but is not limited to; computers, rolling carts, fax machine, photocopier, telephone, spirometry, allergy testing equipment, scales, calculators, vital signs equipment, ECG machines.
Required: High School or GED Diploma
Preferred: Six months of experience in clinical research performing data transcription, source review / maintenance and query resolution.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.