Associate Director, Strategic Finance (US/Remote)
Location: California, United States
Requisition Number: 2745
Position Title: Associate Director, Commercial Solutions
We are seeking an exceptional Associate Director, Strategic Finance. This role is full-time, permanent and can be based anywhere in the US (preference is west coast, but open).
The Associate Director of Commercial Solutions will support the development of global pricing across multiple regions, therapeutic areas and sponsor types. They will also partner with Business Development, Finance and Global Clinical Development teams to provide sponsors with innovative and dynamic commercial offerings.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Provides integrated pricing support across functions and therapeutic delivery units in support of customers and the targeted therapeutic areas
- Works with internal customers to translate operational strategies into cost-competitive solutions that align with customer needs
- Works with internal and external customers to create and implement traditional and non-traditional pricing/delivery alternatives, tactics and methodologies to meet customer needs
- Supports the development, implementation and maintenance of our pricing systems
- Leads discussions on business pricing/delivery strategy and direction and ensures a consistent application of our strategies across all opportunities
- Negotiates financial and business terms for contracts involving traditional and non-traditional pricing models
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Deep knowledge of pricing, finance, operations, contract negotiations and CRO industry.
- Strategic business and Industry awareness
- Strong analytical skills and experience in evaluating business plans
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Proven experience and ability to coach and mentor staff and supported teams
- Ability to design and implement pricing, delivery and budgeting strategies to drive growth for a global organization
- Strong excel and financial analysis skills sufficient to support analysis and development of delivery strategies and budgets, pricing methodologies and systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, executive leadership, peers, managers and coworkers
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have experience of both traditional and non-traditional pricing models
- Ability to model and QC complex Excel solutions and design and implement large structural changes in Excel based systems
- Knowledge of costing models and ability to analyze resourcing and vendor algorithms
- Knowledge of how pricing integrates within other processes
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills in very stressful situations with sponsors (must have experience negotiation/influencing sponsors. Internal stakeholders not enough)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a CRO, health care consultancy or Pharmaceutical/Biotech company. Commercial strategy experience, ideally in pricing, forecasting and general commercial strategy
- Deep knowledge of CRO Industry
- Possess strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, Strategic Finance (US/Remote)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.