Director, Financial Systems (US/UK)
Multiple Locations: United Kingdom • United States
Requisition Number: 2741
Position Title: Director, Financial Systems
The Director, Financial Systems directs the development, implementation and maintenance of all corporate finance systems. The Director, Financial Systems develops complex financial models to support financial operations and provide decision-making support to senior leadership to achieve financial and business objectives related to finance systems technology.
- Ensures the efficiency, effectiveness, and security of financial systems specifications and modules, as well as their alignment with business requirements and ERP strategies.
- Directs execution of finance technology initiatives in accordance with organizational goals and strategic plans. Advises senior leadership on actions and potential risks related to financial systems and modules.
- Guides continual system reassessment to automate and streamline financial processes, systems and reporting.
- Directs financial and operational system integrations to facilitate the flow of Important data.
- Assists in the development of advanced technical applications according to end user requirements, establishes key metrics, and prepares and delivers data/ statistical reports and presentations in support of the department.
- Develops and implements a help desk model to support finance users to ensure efficiency and standardization of training
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively.
- Manages staff through all aspects of the employee life cycle (hiring, development, goal setting, performance management, coaching and mentoring, separations).
- Establishes policies appropriate for the function. Interprets and recommends modifications to company-wide policies and practices.
- Develops and is responsible for budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not all-inclusive
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach and manage staff
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand complex organizational structures and environments
- Expert knowledge of approved financial practices related to finance systems and technology
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills
- Advanced level of skill in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analysis and presentation of data
- Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguity and complexity
- Strong executive presence and presentation skills
- Ability to Influence at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to deliver accurate work products In a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Adheres to Worldwide Travel Policy
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 12+ years).
- 5+ years of management responsibility
- Strong leadership skills
- Domestic and international travel may be required (not exceeding 10%)
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Financial Systems (US/UK)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.