Senior Director, Financial Operations (US/Remote)
Location: North Carolina, United States
Requisition Number: 2738
Position Title: Senior Director, Financial Operations
The Senior Director, Financial Operations develops and directs operations finance strategies, policies and procedures for one or more of the following areas: project delivery, financial controls, and/or financial reporting. This role provides strategic direction and decision-making support to senior leadership to achieve financial and business objectives.
- Advises and consults with senior management on financial matters and on the potential impact of current and future laws and regulations on the operation of the organization.
- Provides updated budgets and forecasts to senior management for consolidation on a monthly basis.
- Supports business partners on operational and financial issues.
- Provides to senior management reporting, information and special project results as requested.
- Manages the financial performance of assigned portfolio of clients and/or multiple business unit with responsibility for all financial reporting and forecasting.
- Manages staff, which may Include interviewing and selection, job description preparation, professional development, goal setting, performance management, coaching and mentoring, employee counseling, and separations. Approves action on salary administration, hiring, corrective action, and terminations. Reviews and approves time records, expense reports, requests for leave, and overtime.
- Identifies process deficiencies and implements change management.
- Develops and strengthens client relationships by delivering world class customer service.
- Mentors management team to think strategically and problem solve creatively.
- Establishes policies appropriate for the function. Interprets and recommends modifications to company-wide policies and practices.
- Develops and is responsible for budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not all-inclusive
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach and manage staff
- Strong business acumen with ability to understand complex organizational structures and environments
- Expert knowledge of accounting/financial principles and best practices
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Advanced level of skill In Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analysis and presentation of data
- Ability to work with ambiguity and complexity
- Demonstrated executive presence and strong presentation skills
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressure
- Adheres to Worldwide Travel Policy
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 12+ years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, & experience.
- 5+ years of management responsibility
- Advanced leadership skills
- Domestic travel may be required (not exceeding 10%)
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Financial Operations (US/Remote)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.