Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 2733
Position Title: Pharmacy Technician 1
SUMMARY: The Pharmacy Technician, along with other technicians, performs study dosing. They perform dispensing, preparation, and dosing procedures following WCT procedures and study protocol requirements. The Pharmacy Technician works under the direct supervision and guidance of the Pharmacy Supervisor or Pharmacist and may be indirectly supervised by the Site Director and/or the Manager, Clinical Study. He/she may be assigned as a lead Pharmacy Technician to delegate duties and assignments to meet project needs.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Always represent WCT in a professional manner (verbal, written, and in appearance) when interacting with Sponsors, subjects, outside vendors and fellow employees.
- Attends in-house protocol meetings and Sponsor meetings as requested by Supervisor.
- Once trained, performs the following procedures according toprocedures and study protocol requirements:
- Pharmacy documentation,
- Dosing, Labeling and Dispensation of test articles,
- Drug accountability,
- Temperature and humidity procedure,
- Blinding procedure,
- Emergency cart inventory,
- Quarantine of test article,
- IV pump training,
- Trains subjects and staff on special procedures, runs mock procedures if needed.
- Researches, writes, and trains staff on study specific pharmacy procedures and drug administration.
- Completes study specific paperwork on which training has been provided.
- Orders pharmacy supplies to maintain adequate stock.
- Reads and follows study instructions; signs study responsibility log.
- Performs procedures and dispose of contaminated supplies according to OSHA requirements.
- Ensures that all pharmacy procedures are performed on time and according to the study protocol and procedures.
- Ensures that pharmacy and procedure areas are kept clean and organized.
- Performs other procedures or duties not mentioned, as required by specific study protocols.
- Completes all necessary training for the position, including SOPs, WIs, and skill verification.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work effectively with co-workers in a team environment and individually unsupervised.
- Able to perform duties at a reasonable fast pace without errors.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Cont.):
- Must be punctual and arrive ready to work. Punctuality is extremely important.
- Some knowledge and skills in performing technical and compounding procedures; performing IV admixtures, and administering IV medications through the use of stationary infusion and syringe pumps.
- Possible equipment includes, but is not limited to: computers, rolling carts, fax machine, photocopier, telephone, lab apparatus, mop/broom, needles, spirometry equipment, centrifuges, refrigerators, freezers, allergy testing equipment, scales, calculators, vital signs equipment, ECG machines, dishwasher, microwave, etc. Possibly a microscope and automatic pipette.
Required: 1 year of experience as a Clinical Research Pharmacy Technician. Current Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certificate and ACTIVE registration with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP).
Preferred: IV admixtures certification.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Pharmacy Technician
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.