Biostatistician (Research Triangle Park, NC)
Location: North Carolina, United States
Requisition Number: 2703
Position Title: Statistician
The Senior Statistician independently manages statistical project support and provides expert statistical consultancy across the stats function.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Manage the statistics support to one or more projects/sponsor programmes of work, ensuring that needs are fully met by expert and timely statistical consultancy and support.
- Provides expert review of study designs, analysis plans and reports.
- Assist sponsors in the design of clinical trials, including statistical sections of the study protocol, randomization methodology and writing statistical analysis plans.
- Liaise with internal departments, sponsors and other third parties regarding statistical issues and reporting requirements.
- Provide project support to the statistics reporting process through the specification/review of tables, figures and listings shells, writing/review of derived dataset specifications and the formatting of report documents and tabulations.
- Undertake the preparation of final reports, including the production of tables, listings and figures, and report writing.
- Develop, test and run SAS programs for the statistical analysis and reporting of clinical study data. This includes programs for derived datasets, CDISC (SDTM and ADaM) datasets, tables, figures and listings and their validation.
- Ensure the maintenance of documentation e.g. the description of programs and validation
- Produce ad hoc data summaries when requested during the course of a trial.
- Extract information from the system during the course of a trial e.g. summaries, data listings, study data sets.
- Validate software, in the role of system owner or tester, and test SAS Macros, maintaining the required validation and testing documentation.
- Make statistical contributions to manuscripts for publication / presentation.
- Provide support for the bidding process, including contribution to budget review, proposals and bid defense meetings.
- Lead identifying system and process improvements, and develop and implement solutions to improve the efficiency and quality of clinical study data processing and reporting.
- Support the development of statistical design and analysis policies.
- Maintain knowledge in design consultancy and analysis methodology, statistical software packages (e.g. SAS and nQuery) and regulatory guidance documents e.g ICH, FDA and CPMP points to consider.
- Assist with Quality Assurance and Audit requirements.
- Assist the Director of Biostatistics with all other aspects of the job as required.
- Perform all activities in compliance with WCT and agreed sponsor quality system standards, relevant ICH standards and specifically with FDA Quality System Regulation (including 21CFR Part 11).
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The job holder must be computer literate and numerate with a proven ability to adapt to various computer systems
- Hands-on expert level project statistician experienced in providing statistical leadership to projects.
- Design and analysis consultancy skills and knowledge across a broad range of applications together with key competencies in customer focus, delivering on commitments, building strong relationships, communicating and influencing, and embracing innovation and change.
- Educated to degree level in mathematics, statistics or another subject with a strong statistical component.
State: North Carolina
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Biostatistician (Research Triangle Park, NC)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.