Senior Statistical Programmer (US/Remote)-10K Sign-on Bonus!
Location: North Carolina, United States
Requisition Number: 2652
Position Title: Senior Statistical Programmer
Our Senior Statistical Programmer will perform the lead programming role, lead continuous improvement in the programming function’s operating systems and provide consultancy across the function
Some team members may focus on a limited number of these responsibilities depending on requirements. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Develop, test and execute SAS programs to produce and validate CDISC SDTM and ADaM datasets, tables, figures and listings (TFL).
- Perform review and provide guidance on the development of the clinical database specification, data transfer agreement/specification, specification of tables, figures and listings (TFL) shells.
- Develop and review specification for SDTM datasets and ADaM datasets for safety data, TFL shells and other specifications, e.g. patient profiles, OPS reports.
- Develop and review electronic data submission package (SDTM annotated CRF, define.xml, Study/Analysis Data Reviewer's Guide) for high complexity studies.
- Serve as a programming project lead on a complex study (e.g. adaptive design, integrated safety/efficacy study) to distribute and oversee tasks for the programming team, communicate with internal and external clients, plan and execute delivery, and manage resources and competing project priorities effectively. Ensure budget and scope of project work remain aligned.
- Manage the study documentation flow as per Worldwide SOP and other procedural documentation including timely document submission to eTMF. Be able to describe and explain Worldwide documentation and eTMF requirements.
- Contribute to department process improvement including creating and testing standard SAS Macros, maintaining the required validation documentation.
- Provide consultancy to Clinical Data Managers, Statistical Programmers and Biostatisticians on programming, clinical and analysis data standards (CDISC) and electronic data submission requirements.
- Develop and provide Statistical Programmers with training and coaching on the Biostatistical Operations department process, infrastructure and tools, collaboration with other internal and external parties and the role of the statistical programmer.
- Develop knowledge of SAS (including BASE, GRAPH, MACRO, ODS, SQL) and other software applications (e.g. Excel, Visual Basic, Word). Develop regulatory standards knowledge in computer systems, systems validation, Good Clinical Practice, clinical data management, clinical/statistical reporting and regulatory submission requirements etc.
- Act as subject matter expert for internal and external quality audits and inspections.
- Ensure all activities performed by the study team are in compliance with Worldwide and sponsor quality requirements, relevant ICH and regulatory authority standards, e.g. FDA 21 CFR Part 11, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Act as a mentor for junior department members.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The job holder must be computer literate and numerate with a willingness to adapt to various computer systems.
- Hands-on expert level project statistical programmer experienced in providing programming leadership to projects.
- Statistical programming skills and knowledge across a broad range of applications together with key competencies in customer focus, delivering on commitments, building strong relationships, communicating and influencing, and embracing innovation and change.
- It is essential that the job holder to possess strong analytical skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- The jobholder has advanced SAS programming skills with expert knowledge in SAS/Macro, Proc Report and ODS. Good working knowledge in SAS/Graph, Proc SQL, SAS/STAT.
- Minimum 4 years of previous related experience
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Statistical Programmer (US/Remote)-10K Sign-on Bonus!
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.