Lab Assistant (Sample Control)
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 2521
Position Title: Associate, Sample Control
SUMMARY: Do you love science and making a difference? Are you analytical-minded and people-focused? Then apply today for our Sample Control Associate located in South Austin, TX.
About Worldwide Clinical Trials, Early Phase: Nestled in the heart of South Austin, Worldwide’s Bioanalytical lab is a top-notch mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates, and invents — because the path to a cure for the worlds most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers, and doers, and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
About You: You will be a forward-thinking, people-focused analytical-minded individual with a passion for science and making a difference in the research industry. You should have experience processing bioanalytical samples for both clinical and non-clinical studies. You will really stand out if you have experience managing a team, interfacing with upper-level management and sponsors. For more of the day-to-day responsibilities see below.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the storage, logging, and retrieval of study samples
- Maintain an inventory of samples for easy retrieval
- Keep sample storage freezers organized and clean
- Facilitate the removal and return of study samples from WCT’s freezers during samples analysis
- Ensure that study samples are archived, returned to the sponsor and/or disposed of when appropriate
- Must be able to work well with a variety of scientist/technicians
- Must be able to understand written instructions.
Skills & Abilities:
- Familiarity with the operations of all early phase lab divisions and GLP requirements; normally acquired after three months of on-the-job exposure to WCT operations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact effectively with superiors, peers, and other employees
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- 2 years of experience in a GLP analytical laboratory to include basic knowledge of various analytical methods and FDA requirements preferred
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Lab Assistant (Sample Control)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.