Director, Clinical Support
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 2448
Position Title: Director, Clinical Support
Summary: The Director of Clinical Support is responsible for the oversight of the Recruiting Department, Medical Writing and Publishing Department, and Screening Department to support the execution of Phase I studies at Worldwide Clinical Trials Early Phase Services (Worldwide) in-house facilities.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- The Director of Clinical Support must keep abreast of all changes in study timelines and act accordingly and proactively to resolve any staff training, staff scheduling or procedure issues.
- Oversees all clinical support departments to support clinical trials management for Phase I-IIB clinical trials, focusing on the direct events related to the protocols.
- Oversees the management of staff, including Recruiting Department, Medical Writing and Publishing Department and Screening Department and maintains department budgets.
- Reviews systems for efficiencies and compliance with regulations.
- Partners with Leadership to review studies for feasibility and provide feedback regarding scheduled workload for clinic.
- Support Business Development Group when indicated, to promote the capabilities and services of Worldwide Phase I unit.
- Assures timelines and the customer’s expectations are met.
- Reports and actions KPI measures on a monthly basis.
- Reviews quality reports as appropriate, investigates any action items and ensures remediation.
- Conducts sponsor site visits and tours.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and sound judgement
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Able to project and coordinate Clinic and study needs in advance
- In-depth knowledge of the clinical research process, including Good Clinical Practices and ICH guidelines
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent year of experience, preferably in the field of Life Sciences or Health
- At least 10 years of Clinical Research experience (preferably Phase I)
- Minimum 5 years of managerial experience
- Strong aptitude for verbal and written communication, presentation and relationship development
- Proven track record of Operational Excellence
- Ability to prioritize and respond appropriately to multiple demands
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Clinical Support
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.