Clinical Project Manager / Senior PM / Director, PM** - US/CAN - Remote/Home based
Multiple Locations: Durham, NC, USA • New York, NY, USA • Ohio, USA • Arizona, USA • California, USA • Texas, USA • Washington, USA • Florida, USA • North Carolina, USA • Virginia, USA • Illinois, USA • Canada
Requisition Number: 2420
Position Title: Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Remote in the United States or Canada
Therapeutic Experience Required - CNS/Neuroscience, Rare Disease, Oncology, Cardio/Met
Who we are
Worldwide Clinical Trials (Worldwide), a leading global contract research organization (CRO), works in partnership with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to create customized solutions that advance new medications – from discovery to reality. Anchored in our company’s scientific heritage, our dedicated therapeutic focus on cardiovascular, metabolic, neuroscience, oncology, and rare diseases, is applied to develop flexible plans and solve problems quickly for our customers.
Our talented team of 3,000+ professionals spans 60+ countries. We are united in cause with our customers to improve the lives of patients through new and innovative therapies.
We believe everyone plays an important role in making a world of difference for patients and their caregivers. From our hands-on, accessible leaders, to our cohesive and supportive teams, we are committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed. We prioritize cultivating a diverse and inclusive environment that continues to promote collaboration and creativity. We are proud to be a workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day. Join us!
What Project Management does at Worldwide
Worldwide Clinical Trials Project management is the perfect blend of operational rigor and therapeutic expertise, with a client-focused approach. Our Global Project Leads (GPLs) and Clinical Project Managers (CPMs) expertly guide our project teams to deliver with high quality, focusing on “doing it right the first time”.
The Project Management team is engaged in all aspects of the trial collaborating with scientific and therapeutic leadership, coordinating across project teams, and providing flexible, innovative and proactive solutions. At Worldwide, you will be dedicated to a specific therapeutic area which will not only give you an opportunity to develop in depth global operational expertise, but also benefit from exceptional scientific and medical background that our experts bring.
What you will do
- Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for the overall coordination and management of clinical trials from start-up through closeout activities.
- Directs the technical, financial and operational aspects of the projects -- thus securing the successful completion of clinical trials.
- Works with major functional area leads to identify and evaluate fundamental issues on the project, interpret data on complex issues, make good business decisions and ensure solutions are implemented.
- Works to ensure that all project deliverables meet the customer’s time/quality/cost expectations
- The SPM, with support from the Project Management Directors, working in collaboration with other functional area leads, is accountable for ensuring that all project deliverables meet the customer/contract expectations.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
Lead core project team and facilitate their ability to lead extended/complete project team
- Lead cross-unit coordination both internal and external, inclusive of sub-contractors
- Define and manage project resource needs and establish contingency plans for key resources
- Ensure successful design, implementation, tracking and revision of project plans for assigned projects
- Promote effective teamwork among project team members Resolve conflicts as needed
- Ensure appropriate communication on project-related matters with the PM Management
- Meet financial performance targets for the assigned clinical projects
- Ensure project deliverables are met according to both Worldwide and client expectations
- Initiate improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed on assigned projects
- Act as key client contact for assigned projects
- Establish excellent working relationships with client project teams and vendors to ensure client satisfaction and operational excellence.
- Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned projects adheres to professional standards and SOPs established for clinical research.
- Manage all aspects of designated projects
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
What you will bring to the role
- Ability to manage projects in a multi-office environment
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills in English
- Superior planning and organizational skills with attention to details
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, CTMS and EDC Systems
- 6-7 years' industry experience with a minimum of 5 years in a Clinical Project Management role, within a CRO setting is strongly preferred
- experience in a PM role is required
- University/College degree, within Life Science is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of project management processes with a solid understanding of how to craft and manage a project budge
- Can demonstrate experience of successfully managing and/or leading multidisciplinary project teams
- Ability to travel when needed
We love knowing that someone is going to have a better life because of the work we do.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Clinical Project Manager / Senior PM / Director, PM** - US/CAN - Remote/Home based
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Durham, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to enabling professionals from all backgrounds and experiences to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, military status, or other class protected by applicable law. Worldwide is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.