Laboratory Supervisor (Sample Control)
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 2413
Position Title: Manager, Leader of Sample Control
SUMMARY: Do you love science and making a difference? Are you analytical-minded and people-focused? Then apply today for our Supervisor, Sample Control located in South Austin, TX.
About Worldwide Clinical Trials, Early Phase: Nestled in the heart of South Austin, Worldwide’s Bioanalytical lab is a top-notch bioanalytical lab focused on providing superior customer service to our sponsors and developing our internal team members to grow their careers. Founded by physicians we are focused on offering a #uncommon experience to our employees and our customers.
About You: You will be a forward-thinking, people-focused, analytical-minded individual with a passion for science and making a difference in the research industry. You should have experience processing bioanalytical samples for both clinical and non-clinical studies. You will really stand out if you have experience managing a team, interfacing with upper-level management and sponsors. For more of the day-to-day responsibilities see below.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the receipt, storage, tracking, transfer, and retrieval of sponsors/customers study samples in Watson LIMs
- Lead, develop, and mentor a team of sample analysis technicians
- Log in samples and/or oversee the log-in process
- Support Bioanalysis Scientists with organized and accurate sample transfer requests
- Assist Bioanalytical Study Management (BSM) team with creation of simple study designs as well as edits to the Watson LIMS study design to allow for accurate and prompt log-in of study samples
- Assist in communication with analysts, Bioanalytical Study Managers, and other personnel in support of study log-in and sample transfer(s)
- Manage sample storage inventory, generate storage and disposition letters and communicate sample storage inventory to clients.
- Provide accounting a billing list in support of sample storage
- Provide sponsors sample disposition letters and update Watson LIMS with client responses.
- Ensure study samples are archived off-site upon study completion, destroyed or returned as per Sponsor direction in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail
- Past experience supervising/mentoring team members
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of six years of relevant work and management experience is preferred
- A minimum of a high school diploma, or GED, and ten or more years of relevant work experience required
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Laboratory Supervisor (Sample Control)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.