Vice President, Scientific Solutions (Oncology).US
Location: North Carolina, United States
Requisition Number: 2368
Position Title: Vice-President Scientific Solutions
The Vice-President Scientific Solutions (Oncology) reports directly to the Executive Vice President of Scientific Solutions and will work closely with the EVP of Business Development and the appropriate Therapeutic Area Lead (TAL) to implement strategies and tactics consistent with Worldwide Clinical Trial’s (WCT) vision of being the leader in the application of rigorous methodology and medically/scientifically advanced drug development processes producing reliable data to support highly informed drug development decisions. The Vice-President Scientific Solutions will be tasked with bringing together the various assets within Worldwide to live this vision which will entail connecting the critical functions that serve to differentiate Worldwide: operations, medical and scientific affairs, marketing and business development. The Vice-President Scientific Solutions will be responsible for helping to meet therapeutic sales targets, mentoring business development and proposal staff and supporting/training of operational team members. This position will be responsible for supporting the individual operational delivery and business development team members globally across all aspects of the sales cycle (messaging/communication, presentation delivery, proposal development, bid defense execution) extending to project execution (anticipating and addressing challenges; reviewing study data and providing guidance on study conduct and write up); and synthesizing the wealth of data from critical functions that serve to differentiate Worldwide. The Vice-President Scientific Solutions will build strong relationships with TALs, operation leads such as GPLs, and medical experts in their respective areas of therapeutic focus, acting as a liaison and champion for the growth and success of business. Importantly, the Vice-President Scientific Solutions is expected to have content expertise in his/her given area which should be evidenced through and aided by continued professional educational development, participation in international conferences and peer reviewed publications and presentations.
Specific responsibilities are outlined below.
Tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Drive development of new business via BD team, including initiation / retention of relationships with current customers, potential customers, and development of new territories, new products and positioning
- Partially accountability for agreed upon TA global sales target
- Support, mentor and track existing global BDM personnel across all areas of sales cycle
- Gather competitive intelligence, enhance client/pipeline targeting, lead generation, qualifying, presentation delivery, triaging, proposal development, bid defense prep and execution, and closing of opportunities
- Aid BD opportunities though capabilities presentation, proposal writing, bid defense participation to improve productivity / knowledge of WCT personnel
- Review new business opportunities, services and companies that might expand WCT’s portfolio
- Develop consistent and effective marketing messages and positioning of WCT services in the global marketplace
- WCT brand enhancement via content development for manuscripts and other professional communications by publishing in peer review journals, creating white papers/blogs and helping to generate collateral materials that showcase therapeutic and operational excellence
- Support and participate in international conferences and tradeshows
- Offer consultancy services around filing strategies, regulatory & safety strategies, dossier consulting / review; preparation for / attendance at / interpretation of regulatory agency interactions
- Assist President in planning, strategy development / execution, special projects
- Work collaboratively with TALs / GPLs to trouble‐shoot challenges (e.g., targets not being met, BD Directors have performance issues) and help construct solutions
- Support existing TA-aligned operational teams and other functional areas, with core focus of developing comprehensive and effective opportunity strategies to maximize sales and repeat business
- Review study / program data and provide clinical interpretation / guidance to SAP-specified and post hoc statistical analysis as well as to provide CSR discussion and conclusions
- Provide support to KOL and DSMB meetings including member identification and content material
- Support and provide in‐house protocol and therapeutic training
- Support review of accumulating efficacy & safety data review and ongoing assessment of risks
- Interact with investigators and site networks
- Support specializes assessments and procedures
- Synthesizing data from critical functions that serve to differentiate WORLDWIDE: medical monitoring, operations, marketing.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills in a collaborative work environment
- Excellent ability to handle multiple tasks and many administrative details in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Excellent self-motivation skills; proactivity and responsiveness
- Strong planning, strategizing, managing, monitoring, scheduling, negotiating, and critiquing skills
- Good organizational skills; ability to prioritize, delegate, and evaluate work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly and concisely present information
- Proficiency in all MS-Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Extensive knowledge in drug development process, clinical research and industry dynamics, as well as speaking and communication methods and practices.
- Minimum of advanced doctoral degree (e.g., MD and or Ph.D., Psy.D., Sc.D.) and post doctoral training in biological or behavioral sciences or medical degree with ten or more years’ experience in clinical research and drug development.
- Demonstrable knowledge of oncology expertise through peer reviewed publications with a track record in drug development
- Knowledge of all operational aspects Phase I-IV clinical research and experience working with a pharmaceutical company or Contract Research Organization.
- The successful candidate must be detail- and service-oriented, and able to work under high pressure and tight timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain highly effective relationships with sponsors, sites, key opinion leaders, and external vendors.
State: North Carolina
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Vice President, Scientific Solutions (Oncology).US
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.