Business Development Manager - Logistics - Poland / Germany / Serbia / UK
Multiple Locations: Serbia • Poland • Germany • Bulgaria • Romania • England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 2333
Position Title: Logistics Business Development Manager
SUMMARY: The Logistics Business Development Manager is able to achieve and maintain effective client relationships that drive revenue growth. This individual is responsible for designing and delivering powerful solution-driven capabilities and proposal defense presentations in collaboration with highly skilled operation personnel; creates business opportunities through client needs identification and relationship building; proactively works with customers and project teams to resolve client concerns by creating specific action plans that support both the customer and the project teams.
Preferred locations: Poland, Serbia, Germany, UK
- Achieve individual revenue and sales objectives through proactive communication and sales of Worldwide Clinical Trials (Worldwide) clinical supply chain services to assigned clients
- Identify new contact leads for potential supply chain business
- Develop and implement individual, territory and key account strategies that are specifically geared to the growth and retention of the client base
- Responsible for aiding the development of project proposals including but not limited to communicating with clients, internal Project Directors and Project Managers and providing text and supporting study budget reviews
- Coordinate and attend industry events, driving increased brand awareness and pipeline growth
- Professionally present Worldwide the Depot and Logistics Services (DLS) department by offering through written and verbal communication, including capabilities presentations, proposals, bid defenses, etc.
- Provide continuous general intelligence on all key competitors; their services, acquisitions and pricing
- Provide daily updates to the Sales Force Automation Client Contact and Mailing Database (CRM)
- Provide bi-weekly sales reports outlining major client visits, phone calls and accomplishments and objectives/goals achieved or missed
- Makes sales calls to prospective new clients to initiate new business relationships.
- Utilizes strategies and implements tactics to persuade prospective sponsors to contract with Worldwide
- Coordinates the efforts for response to Requests for Proposals/Information
- Represents Worldwide at industry-related conferences and trade shows
- Actively coordinate the interaction between Sponsor (Client), and key Worldwide team members
- Make own travel as needed to pursue new business and maintain client relationships
- Able and willing to travel throughout assigned geographical territory as well as nationally and internationally
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Broad knowledge and experience in supply chain business
- Ability to work independently and under pressure without supervision
- Excellent communication skills with a high degree of professionalism
- Good organizational skills; ability to prioritize, delegate, and evaluate work.
- Strong, and effective presentation skills; ability to convincingly present features and benefits of service to clients
- Strong interpersonal skills creating and maintaining a positive dialogue with both clients and colleagues
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business or science discipline
- MS or MBA preferred
- Three or more years of experience working within a Clinical Research Organization or Pharma industry, specific to Clinical Trial Logistics, Supply or Packaging
- Minimum of eight years of sales experience. Sales experience in a CRO desired
- Experience supporting and coordinate prep for Bid Defenses
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Business Development Manager - Logistics - Poland / Germany / Serbia / UK
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kharkov, UA