Sr. Purchasing Specialist US/UK
Multiple Locations: United Kingdom • United States
Requisition Number: 2276
Position Title: Senior Purchasing Specialist
SUMMARY: Responsible for generating purchase orders for goods, equipment, supplies and services in accordance to the purchasing practices and procedures to support our Corporate, Late Phase, and Early Phase purchasing needs. This role includes the development of a purchasing manual, job aids, and test scripts, in order, to validate the features and functionality of the new system. Tasks will also include the training of various requestors on how to utilize the new purchasing system. You will have direct contact with outside suppliers, external and internal customers and shall be conducted with the highest level of personal, professional, and ethical conduct.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Creates, reviews and processes purchase requisitions, in order, for the company to forecast vendor expenses.
- Verifies accuracy and conformance with purchase order specifications and determines appropriate vendor method to process requisition(s).
- Design, develop and implement best purchasing practices throughout the organization.
- Assists in the development of a purchasing manual outlining an end-to-end purchasing process for the new purchasing system.
- Develop job aids and test scripts to validate the new purchasing system.
- Conduct UAT training with a select group of individuals responsible for testing the financial system.
- Develop a robust rollout strategy for the new purchasing system.
- Considered the subject matter expert on the purchasing process.
- Provide helpdesk support to requisitioners that require assistance.
- Resolves and answers questions regarding purchasing issues with departments and/or vendors.
- Engage various departments to conduct a financial reconciliation of existing expenses associated with ongoing studies or corporate expenses as requested.
- Monitor and log Cost Savings for all purchases
- Ad-hoc reporting within the financial system for rebate analysis
- Identifies eligible vendors and selects vendor to procure requisitioned commodities, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality and delivery date and orders.
- Works with various suppliers in obtaining recommendations for substitute items that are acceptable to each department.
- Implements effective negotiation tactics to deliver favorable pricing and contract business terms.
- Collaborates with Accounts Payable, Quality and Vendor Management as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to interface appropriately with all levels of the organization across the global footprint.
- Solid communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are required.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- A quick learner
- Ability to be initiative and think outside the box
- Customer focused, flexible and able to adapt to stressful situations
- Negotiation skills a must
- Project Management
- Work to a high degree of accuracy
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-6 years of purchasing/procurement experience required in a Pharmaceutical /CRO industry.
- Requires strong presentation, documentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Oracle based financial/purchasing system experience a plus
- Minimum Travel may be required (up to 10%)
State: North Carolina
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Purchasing Specialist US/UK
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.