Manager, Strategic Feasibility
Location: United States
Requisition Number: 2141
Position Title: Manager, Strategic Feasibility
The Strategic Feasibility Manager will develop strategies for successful trial conduct through the acquisition, analysis and application of data. This will be demonstrated in proposals, bid defenses and stand-a-lone feasibility projects. This person will support the vision and leadership of the Strategic Feasibility team.
CORE FEASIBILITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Ask the right questions and then acquire, analyze and apply data in a way that demonstrates due diligence in providing a data driven feasibility effort that answers those questions. Every proposal and project we work on is a puzzle that we need to figure out.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with Worldwide Therapeutic Area Leads, Medical & Scientific Affairs leads, Medical Directors, Regulatory Experts and other stakeholders to support the feasibility process.
- Utilize various data sources to provide feasibility in the form of suggested site and country mixes, timelines, and other factors related to the conduct of a trial.
- Lead the feasibility process for proposals and bid defenses including the development of clear and compelling content.
- Lead paid feasibility projects including delighting the customer, overseeing project deliverables, managing timelines and working within the confines of the budget.
- Educate internal and external customers regarding the principles of data-driven feasibility.
- Assist in the identification of new data sources, the development of new analytical approaches, and/or the development of new tools to support the feasibility process.
- Oversee feasibility activities assigned to the team ensuring customer service (internal & external customers), timelines & quality expectations are met and/or exceeded.
- Serve as a mentor for other Feasibility staff and throughout the company as appropriate.
CORE LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBLITIES
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Think: support the vision and development of Strategic Feasibility team through critical thinking and deep reflection. Able to represent the Feasibility and Recruitment Optimization team in country initiatives.
- Inspire: energize, sell vision, act as an example, tell stories, confront reality, ask the right questions, demonstrate possibilities, reassure and give hope for a bright future.
- Mobilize: move a team to action, to build coalitions, define goals, set targets, and encourage networks. This can include line and/or functional management as dictated by team needs.
- Empower: manage authority correctly and delegate generously allocating resources, scrutinizing and overseeing the deployment of those assets appropriately disempowering those who misuse them.
- Serve: embrace the concept of servant leadership whereby the leader’s primary role is to help others by identifying and meeting the needs of colleagues, customers and communities.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to be flexible; we are a small team and everyone on the team will be expected to wear different hats at different times including occasionally stretching beyond the comfortable.
- An effective communicator, both written and spoken English, who is able to demonstrate the ability to write persuasively and develop compelling visualizations (charts, graphics, etc…).
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Ability to process information quickly and dynamically adapt to new information.
- Ability to be patient with colleagues and peers.
- An accomplished negotiator with the ability to influence and present to small and large groups.
- Ability to work at a fast pace with short timelines and minimal oversight.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Project Management and Site Management colleagues in a post award feasibility efforts.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% for business needs.
- 5+ years’ of transferrable experience in industry and data driven feasibility for clinical research
- Background in medicine, science or other relevant discipline with a substantial international experience in clinical drug development across a broad range of therapeutic areas
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
State: North Carolina
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Strategic Feasibility
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.