Manager, Clinical Study Management
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 2123
Position Title: Manager, Clinical Study Management
SUMMARY: This position is located in San Antonio, TX at Worldwide’s Phase 1 Clinic. The Manager, Clinical Study Management will provide leadership, support, and oversight of all clinical trials conducted within the Early Phase Services Clinical Pharmacology Unit and will provide leadership to the Clinical Study Management team.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- The successful candidate will have phase 1 CRO experience in a fast-paced environment and will have a unique ability to multitask phase 1 projects while providing strong leadership to the Clinical Study Management team.
- Accountable for multiple (10-20) team projects simultaneously.
- Effectively direct the delivery of projects within cost, time, and quality requirements.
- Assign projects within the Clinical Study Management team.
- Provide direct supervision, support, training, and mentoring to Clinical Study Managers.
- Lead study management team and facilitate their ability to lead the extended study team.
- Lead cross-unit coordination both internally and externally, inclusive of sub-contractors.
- Define and manage project resource needs.
- Promote effective teamwork among study team members.
- Resolve conflicts as needed.
- Ensure appropriate communication on study-related matters with Sponsor and Site Management.
- Oversight study status and milestone achievement for client invoicing.
- Prepare and conduct performance appraisals and salary reviews.
- Works with leadership on the continuous development/improvement of business processes to ensure that work is uniform, complete, and managed appropriately.
- Will act as a Clinical Study Manager and be the key client contact for studies/clients where required.
- Establish excellent working relationships with client project teams and vendors to ensure client satisfaction and operational excellence.
- Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned studies adhere to professional standards and SOPs established for clinical research.
- Performs additional assignments as warranted by upcoming and ongoing clinical research studies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in managing multiple studies/projects
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving/decision-making skills
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities and utilize resources effectively
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Cont.)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to negotiate and liaise with clients in a professional manner
- Good computer skills, and systems and application knowledge.
- Some knowledge and skills in performing technical and laboratory procedures.
- Possible physical demands include but are not limited to lifting and carrying objects weighing 5-50 pounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to understand complex written and oral instructions.
- Ability to set and meet multiple deadlines.
- Broad knowledge of drug development process and client needs
- Proven experience managing budgets and resources
- Available for domestic travel, including overnight stays
- Ability to drive and have a valid driver’s license
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Life Science or certification in a related allied health profession from an appropriately accredited institution (e.g., nursing certification, medical or laboratory technology) or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
Preferred: Minimum of seven (7) years of clinical pharmaceutical or CRO (phase 1) industry experience to include demonstrated skills and competency in phase 1 clinical study management tasks. In lieu of the above requirements, candidates with > five (5) years of supervisory experience in a health care setting and six (6) years of clinical research experience in the pharmaceutical or CRO industries will be considered.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Clinical Study Management
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.