Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 2001
Position Title: Scheduling Coordinator 1
SUMMARY: The Scheduling Coordinator 1, under the guidance of the Scheduling Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the scheduling of trained technical support and laboratory staff for requisite procedures and shifts and reporting said schedules to applicable Worldwide Clinical Trials (Worldwide) staff in a timely manner.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Always representing Worldwide in a professional manner (verbal, written, and in appearance) when interacting with sponsors, volunteers, outside vendors, and fellow employees.
- Identify and correct study element changes, correct schedule, and notify Worldwide staff. Track staff hours to send a weekly report to Human Resources and Management.
- Consider the staff that you are responsible for scheduling as your direct customer and keep their satisfaction in mind when making decisions that affect them.
- Distribute technical and laboratory staff schedules per guidelines.
- Collect and maintain technical and laboratory staffs work availability, assuring compliance with defined timelines.
- Advise Senior Manager, Medical Group and Laboratory Services Supervisor of administrative policy breaches.
- Maintain database that houses and tracks the following: availability, contact information, staff hours and training.
- Update training materials related to job title as needed, but at least annually.
- Maintain a system for WCT staff to request technical and laboratory staff coverage.
- Review of calendar, flowcharts, and reported staff needs to assess scheduling needs for any technical and laboratory coverage.
- Manipulating and creating the schedule for floor and processing laboratory operations.
- Set up a process to schedule PRN staff on procedures that fall outside their availability.
- Complete all necessary training including SOPs, Work Instructions, and job-specific training.
- Responsible for quality control of schedule to ensure it is free of errors when released to staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office; first-rate skills in using Excel
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills.
- Exceptional logistical skills.
- Good trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Possible equipment includes, but is not limited to: computers, rolling carts, fax machines, photocopiers, telephones, time clocks, and calculators.
Required: High school or GED diploma
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or one to three years staff scheduling/logistics experience
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Scheduling Coordinator
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.