PRN Medical Laboratory Technician
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 1898
Position Title: PRN Medical Laboratory Technician
SUMMARY: The PRN Medical Laboratory Technician independently performs a wide range of routine to moderately complex medical laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analyses to provide data for clinical research studies. Operates manual and automatic laboratory equipment to make qualitative and quantitative analyses of specimens; cleans and maintains standard laboratory equipment. The PRN Medical Laboratory Technician works under the direct supervision and guidance of the Senior Manager, Clinical Laboratory.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Always represents Worldwide Clinical Trials (WCT) in a professional manner (verbal, written, and in appearance) when interacting with Sponsors, volunteers, outside vendors, and fellow employees
- Follows the Clinical Laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient/subject test results
- Works as a generalist in Hematology, Chemistry, Urinalysis, Coagulation, and performs manual tests, i.e., urine sediment exam, urine drug screen kits, etc
- Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced troubleshooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Perform CAP proficiency tests in the same manner as patient samples
- Recognizes and reacts to instrument malfunctions by troubleshooting and resolving minor problems
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Utilizes laboratory information systems to report patient/subject test results
- Prepares Clinical Laboratory test reports for study folders
- Participate in team-oriented work projects for the development and implementation of validations, process improvements, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Serves as a technical resource by participating in staff training; answering questions of other professionals; attends meetings on a regular basis
- Assists Clinical Laboratory Manager in administrative functions of LIS necessary to satisfy the clinical laboratory requirements of study protocols including review of study protocols, set up of laboratory tests/panels, and preparation of the “Clinical Laboratory Manual”
- Responsible for requesting, scheduling, and attending any training required for this position.
- Follows WCT DOP for bloodborne pathogens and exposure control
- Performs other duties as assigned
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Organized and have attention to detail
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks
- Some knowledge and skills in performing technical procedures
- Promote teamwork and cooperation through helpful, courteous, and positive interactions with colleagues
Must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have earned an associate degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution; or
- Be a high school graduate and have successfully completed an official military medical laboratory procedures course of at least 50 weeks duration and have held the military enlisted occupational specialty of medical laboratory specialist (Laboratory Technician)
- Two or more years of recent experience in a clinical laboratory in chemistry,
hematology and urinalysis
- Certification as an MLT by a nationally recognized agency/board
Employment Type: PRN
Community / Marketing Title: PRN Medical Laboratory Technician
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.