SUMMARY: The Sr. Contract Manager is responsible for the overall management of activities involved in the development/preparation and revision of the company’s contracts/change orders with its sponsors.
The Sr. Contract Manager manages a variety of clinical, services and related local and global contracts in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, and sponsor requirements. The Contract Manager is responsible for the full life cycle of sponsor contracts/change orders (amendments), and will be responsible for preparing the contract by drafting and/or incorporating the associated budget, scope of work, and legal, financial, and operational terms, leading negotiations, ensuring adherence to master agreements, as well as providing advice Worldwide’s business units and project teams on contract management and policy compliance matters. The Sr. Contract Manager will work with the Legal Department, Global Proposal Development, Business Development and Global Business Operations to author and develop master Service Agreements, statements of work, change order documents and service agreements.
- The Sr. Contract Manager is responsible for managing Worldwide’s contract and change order/amendment responses and associated sponsor communications.
- The Sr. Contract Manager must apply a working knowledge of contracting planning/strategy, and production.
- The Sr. Contract Manager must update study budgets and contract/change order documents based on analysis of sponsor requirements and ensure that a fully compliant response is developed and submitted within the prescribed deadlines.
- The Sr. Contract Manager in conjunction with the Sr. Director Global Proposal Development must focus on process improvement through analysis of contracting efforts to identify root causes for success/failure, and identify/implement changes to enhance the contract/change order process to reduce development cycle-time.
- The Sr. Contract Manager is responsible for interacting with sponsors on all contracting/change order documents.
- The Sr. Contract Manager is responsible for mentoring and training of Contract Managers.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Collaborate with Business Development, Therapeutic Leaders, Operations, Finance and Legal departments to draft and finalize contracts/change orders and contract termination documents with sponsors.
- Lead and participate in conference calls to negotiate terms of an agreement, including the study budget, with the sponsor.
- Ensure the scope of work is defined correctly and reflected in the study budget.
- Ensure any changes are integrated into the main study contract efficiently and accurately.
- Revise final proposal budget to reflect agreed upon specifications to include both minor and major changes to the budget including updates to sponsor bid grids, if used, to reflect the revised budget.
- Develop and/or modify service description text in addition to original proposal text, which collectively becomes the core contract/exhibit.
- Liaise with Project Management Lead and other functional departments in order to finalize timelines, project scope and associated costs.
- Interact/consult with Sr. Director of Global Proposal Development and Senior Management to obtain necessary approvals for special discounts (price increase deviations and bottom line discounts).
- Interact and consult with the Finance group to develop and obtain approval on payment schedules and payment terms.
- Obtain approvals for final budget/sponsor grids from Operations and the Therapeutic Leaders.
- Interact and consult with Legal to obtain Legal approval of contracts/change orders if necessary.
- Overall tracking/financial reporting of document status and values via routine updates to Salesforce and Worldwide’s finance system.
- Develop contract/amendment development tools and processes.
- Ensure appropriate information distribution and discussion with relevant operational groups during contract/change order negotiations.
- Attend internal project handover meetings, if necessary, to document all necessary details for contract development and finalization.
- Mentor and train Contract Managers.Provide review of documents and budgets, as needed, prior to finalization.
- Ability to work independently with confidence.
- Strong planning, strategizing, managing, monitoring, scheduling, and analytical skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, deadline oriented, and changing environment.
- Strong Excel skills; ability to manipulate and modify budget tool and client bid grids as required.
- Effective stakeholder management with cross functional teams for process improvement and/or change initiatives.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate via the phone and in person with a high degree of professionalism.
- Out-of-the-box mentality where "making the impossible possible" is top of mind for any project involvement.
- Proactive person, ability to deliver, practical passion to perform always stronger and better.
- Metrics driven and goal oriented with a strong attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills; ability to prioritize, delegate, and evaluate work.
- Good networking and influencing skills.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands; sense of urgency.
- Ability to successfully lead and manage projects
- Strong familiarity with CRM, especially Salesforce.com.
- Knowledge of general corporate business practices, commercial contracting principles
- Prior exposure in Proposal Development and Business Development Operations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 4-6 years of direct experience with CRO or pharmaceutical data; sourcing, integration, analysis, and reporting.
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with process improvement and/or change management or can be mentored for development.