Manager, Data Management (UK)
Location: Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 1741
Position Title: Manager, Data Management
The Manager, Data Management will provide management and leadership of teams within Data Management department. To ensure the efficient, accurate and timely management of clinical data management services.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- To manage assigned departmental personnel.
- To be responsible for staff allocation within the Department, to ensure sufficient expertise and to delegate responsibility appropriately.
- To identify the Department’s training requirements and to provide training as and when required.
- To take responsibility for staff training.
- To perform staff appraisals.
- To contribute to the strategic management of the department.
- To write and review departmental SOPs and other non project-specific procedures as the need is identified.
- To ensure that Data Management operations are conducted to WCT SOPs.
- To assist with budgets and resource needs at department and project level. This will include reviewing and providing input to project proposals, and scope changes at the project level.
- Assist with ongoing development of the in-house software, utilities, project standards and Data Management technology.
- To manage and ensure deliver to time, budget and quality of each of the data management projects to which assigned; provide leadership to the data management teams.
- To liaise and collaborate with project teams in other WCT departments.
- To ensure that adequate QC checks and Database Quality Assessments are performed on the clinical databases of assigned projects.
- To be involved in ongoing monitoring of Data Management department performance.
- To represent the company at meetings with Sponsors and/or committees. To provide support to Business Development staff by participating in preparation of proposals and presentations to sponsors.
- To participate as necessary in sponsor audits, regulatory authority inspections and other third party meetings. Ensure than any recommendations are discussed and that solutions are incorporated.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- It is essential that the job holder works with close attention to detail and to be questioning about the validity of the data being entered.
- Willingness to adapt to various computer systems.
- Proven project delivery.
- Proven time management and team management skills.
- Several years experience within Data Management.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent – or with other equivalent qualifications and experience.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Data Management (UK)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.