IT Support Technician II - St Petersburg
Location: St.-Petersburg, Russia
Requisition Number: 1642
Position Title: IT Support Technician II
Worldwide Clinical Trials are hiring an experienced IT Support Technician II on a permanent, full-time basis.
This position is located at our office in St.Petersburg.
The IT Support Technician is responsible for administration of software and hardware related to the business. Responsibilities include but not limited to; providing IT support to end-users across the globe by monitoring service desk queues. The IT Support Technician will predominantly use the firms’ IT Service Desk tool to prioritize their workload ensuring that tickets are dealt with efficiently and effectively. The IT Support Technician should have strong customer support skills, excellent communication skills, be proactive and pragmatic in their approach and is able to work in accordance with the firms’ processes and procedures.
Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures (ITIL).
This position requires good telephone skills and excellent customer service orientation. Proprietary software training will be provided, however, a solid understanding of standard software functionality in a Windows environment is required. All necessary Clinical Training will be provided.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Proactively resolve issues raised by people using WCT’s hardware and software, doing so efficiently and effectively. Use methods such as email, remote sessions, telephone and IM.
- To act as a point of contact for users to raise issues.
- Using call logging tool to maintain accurate records of users’ logged calls, providing clear updates to users accurately and clearly.
- Take ownership of support tickets including documentation and closure of tickets within SLA timeframes.
- Works under general supervision. Uses discretion in identifying and resolving complex problems and assignments. Acts as a point of escalation for IT areas in the business and determines when issues should be escalated to a superior.
- Liaise with application stakeholders when change requests, escalated issues and potential problems are identified. Assist in the management of low-level changes to systems, ensuring the smoothness of their roll-out.
- To be able to work in cohesion and interact with WCT IT teams across the firm; including software development team members and third-party vendors for the support and development of WCT applications.
- Must be able to follow documented processes and procedures. For systems that must be maintained in a “validated state”, follow respective SOPs and use best practices in the industry such as GAMP5.
- Keep informed about new developments and best practices related to business systems supported.
Hardware & Software
- Maintain an accurate register of hardware and software assets both in stock and in use by WCT employees
- Ensure that all equipment is correctly identified and tagged
- Stay up-to-date with hardware and software changes that could impact the systems and their operation by WCT employees
- Ensure that there is always an available stock of equipment and accessories for users that can be deployed quickly for new employees or as a replacement for faulty equipment
- Understand how group policies and other configuration measures will improve the security, performance, and reliability of equipment used by WCT employees
- Provide support to end-user devices such as; desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers, etc.
- Write, review and keep up-to-date documents and guides to be used by both IT technicians and end-users.
- Transfer of relevant knowledge to team members.
- Attend job-related training
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail is a must
- Task orientated, capable of taking ownership of IT issues from the moment they are received until their resolution is completed
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Working knowledge of:
- Service Desk tools
- Setup, diagnostic and troubleshooting of laptops, workstations, printers, scanners, copiers, etc
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange (2010/2013 – mailbox administration)
- Microsoft Share Point (2010/2013)
- Microsoft Office (2013)
- Microsoft SCCM
- Microsoft operating systems (Server 2008R2, 2012, Windows 7)
- Mobile applications (Android, W8.1, iOS)
- Setup and troubleshooting of internet connectivity and related hardware (ADSL/Mobile broadband)
- Configuration and support of smartphones (including but not limited to iOS and Windows devices)
- Networking TCP/IP
- Support in-house and 3rd party software applications
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Must have good listening skills and ability to empathize
- Good grammar and writing skills
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure and efficiently multitask
- Must have a sense of ownership and responsibility
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Able to succeed and contribute to a team environment
- Excellent command of English (written/oral)
- At least 3 years customer Service Experience
- At least 2 years relevant computer experience
- Experience working within a service desk
- Good Communications Skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL or ITIL certification would be advantageous
- Previous experience of supporting in-house software applications
- Previous customer service experience with customers across the globe
- Written/spoken of any other language would be advantageous
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: IT Support Technician II - St Petersburg
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: St. Petersburg, RU