Processing Laboratory Shift Lead I
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 1583
Position Title: Processing Laboratory Shift Lead I
SUMMARY: The Processing Laboratory Shift Lead I, along with other technicians, performs the bulk of the study procedures. He/she performs technical, laboratory and administrative procedures following Worldwide Clinical Trials (WCT) procedures and study protocol requirements. The Processing Laboratory Shift Lead I works under the direct supervision and guidance of the Assistance Supervisor, Laboratory Services and the Director, Laboratory Services. He/she is not responsible for supervising other staff.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Always represents WCT in a professional manner verbal, written and in appearance when interacting with Sponsors, study participants, outside vendors and fellow employees.
- Collects and processes lab samples (blood, urine, and other body fluids as needed).
- Processes urine for urine monitoring studies.
- Assures samples are processed per protocol as well as WCT procedures.
- Responsible for inventory and packaging of lab samples for shipment.
- Assures study samples are packaged and shipped per protocol as well as the International Air Transport Association (IATA) regulations.
- Performs data review of co-workers to ensure accuracy.
- Performs administrative work as needed (check blood harvest logs, urine monitoring and processing logs, etc.).
- Uses technical knowledge to determine specimen acceptability.
- Orders and restocks lab supplies (pipettes, urine cups, etc.).
- Properly labels aliquot tubes for studies.
- Assists Lab Services Supervisor/Assistant Lab Services Supervisor in training PRN staff.
- Covers study procedures or shifts as needed.
- Ensures lab equipment is calibrated and properly maintained.
- Maintains and ensures safety equipment is available and performing (eyewash, PPE, etc.).
- Ensures the lab and all lab equipment is properly cleaned and disinfected.
- Once trained, performs the following procedures following WCT procedures and study protocol requirements:
- Blood Harvesting
- Centrifuging Samples
- Prepping Samples and Sample Accountability
- Breath Alcohol Concentration Testing
- Performs other procedures/duties not mentioned, as required by specific study protocols.
- Performs administrative work as needed (copying, filing, filling in CRFs, etc.).
- Responsible for requesting, scheduling and attending any training required for this position.
- Completes all necessary training for their position, including SOPs, DOPs, and skill verification.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good customer service skills. Must be able to work effectively with co-workers in a team environment and individually unsupervised.
- Able to perform duties at a fast pace without errors.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Some knowledge and skills in performing technical and laboratory procedures; experience performing vital signs, ECGs and laboratory procedures.
- Possible equipment includes, but is not limited to: computers, rolling carts, fax machine, photocopier, telephone, lab apparatus, mop/broom, needles, spirometry equipment, centrifuges, freezers, allergy testing equipment, scales, calculators, vital signs equipment, ECG machines, dishwasher, microwave, etc.
- Possibly a Microscope and/or Automatic Pipette.
Required: At least 3 years as a lab technician
- One (1) year of experience with a four (4) year degree.
- Experience as a lab technician, or other medical background or course work.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Processing Laboratory Shift Lead I
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.