IT Applications Administrator (Austin, TX)
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 1567
Position Title: IT Applications Administrator
The IT Systems Administrator is typically located in a regional office and is responsible for overseeing all the IT requirements for such office including: first line user support and management of local IT systems such as servers, local network hardware/software support and security, antivirus support, backup/restore operations, connectivity (internet, WAN, WiFi), telecommunications (PBX, handsets, lines, faxes) and any other related services that are required to maintain the IT systems in excellent working order. The IT Systems Administrator might also be the first point of contact for supporting home-based employees and smaller satellite offices without IT presence. He/she is responsible for all hardware/software ordering, setup and stock control for that office, satellite office/s and home-based users.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- To be responsible for the maintenance of computer network connectivity (hardware and software) reconfiguring as required to meet the evolving needs of the Company.
- To be responsible for monitoring and maintaining systems security, software updates/upgrades and systems resources (hard disk space, logs, memory utilization, bandwidth usage, internet speed, etc.). Such systems include but are not limited to active directory, file sharing, email, network printing, firewalls, switches, database and application servers.
- To be responsible for hardware maintenance (upgrades/replacements), new hardware deployment and decommission directly of in conjunction with a 3rdparty vendor under their warranty.
- To be responsible for system software maintenance for Windows environment. To install and maintain commercial application packages for data management, word processing, statistical analysis, accounting and desktop publishing. To author in-house software for general and system admin purposes.
- To plan, perform and optimize the backup & restore of systems as required and participate in the organization of disaster recovery plans.
- To source, purchase and install appropriate computer equipment as directed by the line manager.
- To assist other IT staff with the deployment, maintenance and support of both systems and software in the local office or in other remote locations as required.
- To travel to other offices and visit home-based users when remote support solutions are not sufficient to solve IT related issues or problems.
- To help develop and maintain the Company's SOPs and LWPs for I.T. systems.
- To assist in the training of new staff, if required to do so.
- To assist in the operation of the IVRS.
- To assist in the management of user accounts.
- To provide IT support to users.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Task orientated, capable of taking ownership of incidents from the moment they are received until their resolution is completed
- Advanced knowledge of server hardware and software (Windows 2003, SQL, VMWare, remote control tools, Exchange 2003/2007, backup and antivirus).
- In some cases, good knowledge of a UNIX environment and UNIX systems management experience will be required.
- Excellent working knowledge (hands-on) of:
- call tracking or helpdesk software
- setup, diagnostic and troubleshooting of laptops, workstations, printers, scanners, copiers, etc
- ghosting & synchronization software (WDS/SCCM)
- Microsoft operating systems (MS Office Suite 2007) and other software applications such antivirus, remote support tools, Adobe, etc
- setup and troubleshooting of internet connectivity and related hardware (ADSL/3G, etc)
- blackberry devices and BES
- networking TCP/IP, Active Directory, Windows server 2003 environment
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Must have good listening skills and ability to empathize
- Good grammar and writing skills
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure and efficiently multitask
- Must have sense of ownership and responsibility
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Able to succeed and contribute to a team environment
- Technical College or Bachelor’s degree of Higher Technical education
- Excellent English, written and spoken.
- 5+ years of operating system/LAN management experience and support
- Basic understanding of business processes and related systems support required for company.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: IT Applications Administrator (Austin, TX)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.