Revenue Accountant - Early Phase
Location: Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 1564
Position Title: Accountant
SUMMARY: The Revenue Accountant manages the financial health of our projects, working closely with the project team to accurately record all financial data, report financial data clearly to the business and be the financial expert for the client interface. In addition, the Revenue Accountant leads specific activities within the team which can be process improvements, specialist areas or areas requiring enhanced client liaison. The Senior Project Analyst is responsible for all aspects of revenue.
- Lead the month end revenue process
- Work with Project Management Team to accurately record actual units and corresponding values completed on a monthly cycle
- Work with Project Management Team to accurately forecast future revenue
- Review and document current Early Phase revenue processes
- Improve current systems and processes and provide support with any system updates and changes
- Design & develop revenue reporting for Early Phase SLT
- Calculate subject stipend and 3rd party revenue accruals and reconcile on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation of the accrued/deferred revenue account and other revenue related balance sheets on a monthly basis
- Support and make improvements to the current RFI process
- Ensure accurate reporting to clients in a timely manner.
- Accurately record data in required systems. Currently including PPRs, 1c. Anaplan, Great Plains, Invoice Trackers, OOS logs, etc.
- Ensure compliance with audit requirements and support the year end and interim audit processes
- Support the CO process through the accurate recording of OOS and input to CO’s as appropriate.
- Stay up to date with local and global revenue regulations
- Lead and develop specific projects within the Project Analyst team
- Lead specific areas of work within the PA team including leading a team specifically for that project.
- Management of Project Analyst
- Support with training of new PAs and training on new initiatives to existing PAs.
- Support the project profitability project for Early Phase
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Confidence to manage the most high-profile clients and projects
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Ability to train and develop Project Analysts
- Lead specific revenue projects
- 2 Years CRO experience (preferred but not essential)
- 6 years relevant work experience
- Finance or Business Degree or relevant Accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
- Process improvement experience
- Highly developed influencing skills
- Advanced knowledge of financial software applications, proficiency in MS Office applications, advanced Excel
- Management experience
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Revenue Accountant - Early Phase
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Nottingham, GB