Processing Laboratory Shipping Technician
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 1551
Position Title: Processing Laboratory Shipping Technician
SUMMARY: A Processing Laboratory Shipping Technician is responsible for the inventory, preparation, and quality control (QC) of samples. He/she performs shipping and administrative procedures following Worldwide Clinical Trials (Worldwide) procedures and study protocol requirements. The Processing Laboratory Shipping Technician is under the direct supervision and guidance of the Laboratory Services Supervisor and works closely with the Shipping Coordinator. He/she is not responsible for directly supervising other staff.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Always represents Worldwide in a professional manner (verbal, written and in appearance) when interacting with Sponsors, volunteers, outside vendors and fellow employees.
- Required to be International Air Transport Association (IATA) trained and follow all regulations when shipping samples.
- Responsible for ensuring the shipment of samples is performed on the dates as planned with no errors.
- Responsible for performing inventory on storage freezers.
- Responsible for monitoring work flow and requesting additional help or assistance as needed to prevent any errors.
- Ensures staff working in shipping is following current procedures and study specific instructions.
- Responsible for
- creating manifests
- acquiring a manifest QC review, if needed
- preparing logs used in the shipping department as instructed
- Ensures shipping area is continually restocked with supplies.
Responsible for scheduling freezers to accommodate studies running.
Responsible for ensuring freezers are properly maintained (holding temperature correctly and defrosting periodically.
- Assists Shipping Coordinator with training staff.
- Ensures the shipping area is properly cleaned and disinfected as required by Worldwide procedures.
- Works closely and supports any special projects such as electronic data capture (EDC) programs, outside processing laboratories, etc.
- Cross-trained and serves as a back-up for processing laboratory.
- Performs administrative work as needed (copying, filing, data entry, etc.).
- Responsible for requesting, scheduling and attending any training required for the position.
- Completes all necessary training for the position, including but not limited to, SOPs, WIs, IATA, and skill verification.
- Performs other procedures/duties as required by specific study protocols and/or their supervisor.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good customer service skills;
- Work well independently and as a team;
- Perform duties at a fast pace without errors;
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks; communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Knowledge and skills in performing technical, shipping, and laboratory procedures;
- Strong training skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (word, excel, and PowerPoint)
- Possible equipment includes, but is not limited to: Computers, rolling carts, fax machine, photocopier, telephone, lab apparatus, mop/broom, centrifuges, freezers, scales, calculators, and dry ice.
Required: High School diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: High School diploma or equivalent with at least 1 year of experience in a laboratory setting with some shipping experience; IATA certified.
Other: The Processing Laboratory Shipping Technician will have work assigned to him/her each shift, and he/she will be responsible for performing these tasks and procedures accurately and on time. It will be the Processing Laboratory Shipping Technician’s responsibility to notify his/her supervisor if he/she is not able or is not trained to perform any assigned tasks, or of any other problems while on shift. Must be able to follow written and verbal communication. Must be punctual. Must have flexible hours.
Possible mental demands include, but are not limited to: reading, math, writing, intense concentration, verbal communication, participant contact, attention to detail, frequent interruptions, fluctuations in workload, high volume of workload and managing or performing very strict time-dependent procedures.
Possible physical demands include, but are not limited to: lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs., hearing, seeing, gross and fine motor use of upper extremities, kneeling, walking, standing, leaning over for extended periods of time, squatting, eye strain/fatigue, climbing, pushing, pulling, reaching, and exposure risk to potentially infectious blood and/or body fluids, and/or hazardous fumes or chemicals.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Processing Laboratory Shipping Technician
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.