Training Cooordinator 1
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 1526
Position Title: Training Coordinator 1
SUMMARY: The Training Coordinator 1, under the guidance of the Training Supervisor, is responsible for assuring that all Full-Time, Part-Time and PRN staff receives adequate training with respect to Worldwide Clinical Trials (WCT) orientation, Work Instructions (WI) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). The Training Coordinator 1 works under the general supervision of the Training Supervisor and the Associate Director, Clinical Conduct. The Training Coordinator 1 indirectly supervises Full-Time, Part-Time and PRN staff during training.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Always represents WCT in a professional manner (verbal, written and in appearance) when interacting with Sponsors, volunteers, outside vendors and fellow employees.
- Contacts new Full-Time, Part-Time and PRN employees to schedule orientation according to established training department procedures and timelines.
- Conducts new employee orientation for staff to include: OSHA, safety procedures, clinic procedures, timesheets, etc.
- Trains PRN, Part-Time, and Full-Time staff on relevant WIs and SOPs as determined by the training matrix designated for their job description.
- Ensures that electronic training records are updated accordingly.
- Assists Training Supervisor in process audits of clinic staff and procedure performance.
- Mentors trainees on new procedures, evaluates competency, and approves or retrains as needed prior to allowing trainee to perform procedure independently.
- Uploads current CVs and job descriptions on all staff into the electronic training management system.
- Conducts re-training of employees as requested by employee or his/her Supervisor.
- Conducts OSHA training as needed.
- Responsible for requesting, scheduling and attending any training required for this position.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; excellent attention to detail; exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Must be creative and have excellent presentation skills.
- Must have skills to tactfully correct co-workers, providing positive feedback in a non-threatening manner.
- Must maintain a positive, upbeat, professional attitude at all times.
- Excellent computer and writing skills.
- Working knowledge of the clinical research process, phlebotomy, vital signs, ECGs, and lab sample processing.
Required: Bachelor’s degree; or two or more years of clinical research experience in lieu of education
The Training Coordinator 1 is responsible for working with the Supervisors to ensure that all staff completes required training. The Training Coordinator 1 must be able to follow written and verbal communications and must be punctual. Must have flexible hours.
The Training Coordinator 1 will often be a new employee’s first contact and impression of WCT. As such, the Training Coordinator 1 must present a confident and positive image. Professionalism will be of the utmost importance as a representative of WCT.
Possible mental demands include, but are not limited to: reading, math, verbal communication, written communication, attention to detail, multiple tasks, fluctuation in work load, and a flexible work schedule.
Possible physical demands include, but are not limited to: lifting and carrying of objects weighing 5-50 lbs., hearing, seeing, gross and fine motor use of upper extremities, kneeling, walking, standing, leaning over for extended periods of time, squatting, eye strain/fatigue, climbing, pushing, pulling, reaching, and exposure risk to potentially infectious blood and/or bodily fluids, and/or hazardous fumes or chemicals.
Promotion to the next level is not automatic based on years of experience. Personnel are evaluated on proven competency, level of responsibility, and ability to work independently.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Training Cooordinator 1
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.