IT Systems Engineer (US/Remote)
Multiple Locations: Austin, Texas, United States • San Antonio, Texas, United States • Dallas, Texas, United States • Houston, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 1438
Position Title: IT Systems Engineer
The IT Systems Engineer is responsible for implementing and managing infrastructure for Worldwide, including servers, networks and backup systems.
In addition, this position plays a key role in leading and participating in global IT projects.
This position will require a combination of strong technical skills and the ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task and participate in a wide variety of global projects in the US, INTL and CIS regions. He or she must exhibit technical expertise in enterprise systems administration and ideally is a self-starter with the passion for IT infrastructure with a high level of flexibility, commitment and a sense of ownership.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Install and maintain all infrastructure equipment at Worldwide locations and data centres such as network equipment, servers, telecoms, phone systems, computer hardware and software in use at Worldwide.
- Perform server and network administration on Windows servers, Active Directory (DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, OU structure, , site replication), DFS, IIS, , MS SQL, VMWare ESX, Citrix, firewalls, backups, LAN/WAN and firewall equipment.
- Establish and manage user, system and administrator accounts on the network, ensuring compliance with policy and procedures for backup, archiving and data restoration.
- Provide Tier 2 support for day-to-day management of infrastructure solutions, both internal and external (cloud), including firewalls, storage, servers, switches, network connectivity (WAN, LAN, Internet), SAN and backup.
- Implement IT Infrastructure projects, keeping milestones on target and providing regular updates, communication and guidance to teams and upper management as appropriate.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure
- Knowledge of Computer System Validation (21 CFR Part11, GxP)
- Proficiency in all MS-Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point.
- 5+ years of administration experience in a Windows Server and Windows desktop environment including Windows servers, , Windows 10 and other enterprise systems such as Cisco, Aruba, Fortigate, VMware, Citrix, HPe, Veeam or similar backup technologies, LAN/WAN and/or IDS/IPS technologies. 3+ years’ experience acceptable with a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Engineering or Sciences.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL/TLS and firewalls and related technologies.
- Strong troubleshooting capability for complex enterprise technical issues.
- Solid understanding of Infrastructure services such as Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, IIS, SMTP; experience in managing or the administration of Windows systems or knowledge of systems architecture.
- Willingness to manage network and data center maintenance or emergencies during non-business hours, evenings and on the weekend.
- ITIL familiarity or certification a plus.
- MCSE, CCNA, or similar certifications a plus.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: IT Systems Engineer (US/Remote)
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.