Medical Technologist II
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 1289
Position Title: Medical Technologist 2
SUMMARY: The Medical Technologist 2 under the general supervision of the Clinical Laboratory Manager independently performs a wide range of routine to complex medical laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analyses to provide data for clinical search studies. Guides, trains, and may provide leadership to trainees. Operates manual and automatic laboratory equipment to make qualitative and quantitative analyses of specimens. Monitors inventory of material, supplies, and equipment to ensure sufficient quantities are available for the performance of duties; cleans and maintains standard laboratory equipment.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Always represents Worldwide Clinical Trials (WCT) in a professional manner (verbal written and in appearance) when interacting with Sponsors, subjects, outside vendors, and fellow employees.
- Conducts chemical analyses of body fluids such as blood and urine to determine the presence of normal and/or abnormal components.
- Validates, calculates, and tabulates results of tests performed, posts findings to logbooks and quality control records, and makes reports of observations.
- Performs quality control to ensure the proper functioning of instruments, reagents, and procedures.
- Researches and investigates problems with clinical laboratory procedures, and makes or recommends modifications and corrections as appropriate.
- Orients, mentors, and teaches clinical laboratory methods, procedures, and techniques to new staff as appropriate.
- Studies blood cell numbers and morphology and urine cellular elements, using microscopic techniques.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Follows WCT’s DOP for bloodborne pathogens and exposure control.
- Performs order/entry of patient demographics in laboratory analyzer and/or LIS in preparation for testing.
- Prepares and organizes Clinical Laboratory testing reports for sending to study clinics.
- Trains/assists in the training of new Clinical Laboratory staff on the analyzers used to perform testing.
- Trains/assists in the training of new Clinical Laboratory staff on the LIS.
- Responsible for requesting, scheduling, and attending any training required for this position.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good customer service skills and be able to perform duties at a fast pace without errors.
- Organized and have good attention to detail.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks.
- Some knowledge and skills in performing technical procedures.
- Performs required maintenance and troubleshoots standard clinical laboratory instrumentation.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science or an equivalent field. Certification as a Medical Technologist or Clinical Laboratory Scientist by a nationally recognized agency/board. Recent experience as a generalist in a clinical laboratory in chemistry, hematology, and urinalysis. Knowledge of computer-based programs (Word and Excel).
Preferred: Four years of recent experience in a clinical laboratory in chemistry, hematology, and urinalysis.
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Technologist II
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: Worldwide Clinical Trials is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.