Associate Director FP&A - Early Phase Business Unit
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 1271
Position Title: Associate Director FP&A
SUMMARY: A senior finance professional with significant commercial acumen, analytical thinking, and the ability to challenge the business at all levels. Able to help develop the FP&A agenda to drive cost savings, efficiency gains, and promote accelerated growth. The role partners with the Early Phase business to provide support in all matters financial including education, achieving targets, forecasting, special projects, efficiency, etc. The key is bringing finance to life to help supported teams deliver in line with business objectives and will include challenging & influencing as much as support.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Partnering with the Early Phase business, including multiple departments, to enable the delivery of financial targets through comprehensive financial analysis and trend identification
- Lead annual budget discussion with Early Phase departmental heads to achieve corporate goals while achieving departmental initiatives
- Responsible for providing monthly forecasting updates by agreed deadlines
- Responsible for producing and developing financial reporting for all areas of the business
- Review current systems and processes and look for improvements and be responsible for leading those improvements. Aligning systems and processes with Worldwide processes where possible.
- Work closely with Financial accounting to develop more efficient process across finance including leading cross finance teams to implement change
- Monthly review of financial statements to ensure accuracy and identify potential hurdles promptly
- Provide financial support and challenge on ROI initiatives
- Lead major FP&A activities on behalf of the entire FP&A team e.g. Budgeting
- Establish FP&A as an integral support function to the business through close collaboration and understanding of Worldwide and specifically, the business unit supported
- May include the management and training of Finance Business Partners
- Provide the initiative to help drive positive change within the monthly financial close process
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to influence at the highest levels within the organization
- Able to develop plans to deliver initiatives within the business
- Lead major FP&A projects e.g. annual budgeting exercise
- Implement change initiatives impacting on finance and non-finance teams
- Understanding of external factors influencing on WCT and of the financial aspects.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent ideally with an accounting qualification
- 10 years of FP&A experience
- Experience of financial accounting and the use of accounting systems
- Experience of process improvement specifically driving efficiency gains within the business.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing change initiatives within a growing organization
- Demonstrable proficiency of financial trend analysis
- Experience of process improvement
- Managerial experience
State: North Carolina
Employment Type: Regular
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director FP&A - Early Phase Business Unit
We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.